Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
New organizing goals for 1st week of October >

New organizing goals for 1st week of October

New organizing goals for 1st week of October

Old 10-05-2016, 01:56 AM

Vacuum my sewing room.

sandy
Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 AM

This weeks goal is to finish up some valances I am making for a friends new home but...I work the rest of the week so we will see how much i get done...have a good rest of the week everyone.
p.s. I did manage to make a nice donate box and organize some future projects.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:22 AM

I am an organization aficionado! In addition to my portable pen-and-paper list (on a steno pad I keep in my book) of my IPO's (In Progress Objects, because the UFO has such a negative connotation), I also have my in-progress items, or stuff-to-make-this-project items all bagged up separately with the pattern included. I went to an estate sale a few years ago and bought a 4 yard piece of fabric, and remember thinking that this woman had a purpose for this fabric and nobody else knew. So that's why I keep the pattern along with the fabric. I have probably close to two dozen bags - either cut out and ready to go, or halfway done but had to stop (I hate those), or "gee, I want to make these, lets buy the fabric for it now".....but I know I'm preaching to the choir here! Happy organizing all!
Old 10-05-2016, 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=redstilettos;7668676]
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Connie,
How can you tell if your fabric is a boy, girl or either (transgender)? Do you peek under the fabric?

Separating the boys from the girls is important. Then maybe they will stop multiplying

I love your way of thinking! And NO, never separate, always put them together - make more fabric that way!!!
Old 10-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

And I love the way you think...I put bits of paper with ideas with some of my fabric...then look cross eyed at the notes trying to figure out what I was thinking...now I try to include a diagram on a full sheet of paper...I also have a note book but always misplace it...any ideas on how to keep better track of it?

Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
I am an organization aficionado! In addition to my portable pen-and-paper list (on a steno pad I keep in my book) of my IPO's (In Progress Objects, because the UFO has such a negative connotation), I also have my in-progress items, or stuff-to-make-this-project items all bagged up separately with the pattern included. I went to an estate sale a few years ago and bought a 4 yard piece of fabric, and remember thinking that this woman had a purpose for this fabric and nobody else knew. So that's why I keep the pattern along with the fabric. I have probably close to two dozen bags - either cut out and ready to go, or halfway done but had to stop (I hate those), or "gee, I want to make these, lets buy the fabric for it now".....but I know I'm preaching to the choir here! Happy organizing all!
Old 10-05-2016, 04:31 PM

I was able to start packing up some bags for our move back South today. I'm also gathering a few projects that I'll be able to do easily in the car like knit washcloths and other hand work. I always feel better with more options. On the way up this spring, I ran out of yarn and my Ipad died (with no way to charge it). Not good. That won't be happening this time!
I did find a tool that I just needed that I re-bought. Oh well...now I have two to misplace, I mean, keep in both locations.
Deb, feel better.