Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
New organizing goals for Dec. 3-10 anyone? >

New organizing goals for Dec. 3-10 anyone?

New organizing goals for Dec. 3-10 anyone?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:23 PM

Will need to tidy my sewing room (or at least clean off the queen size bed) for my step-daughter and son in law who are coming on the 16th to share Christmas early...my fabrics and notions are as organized as they are going to be until we finish off the new addition over the garage in the spring. Then I will get more detailed in organizing.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:57 AM

I'm trying to keep my things a little organized as I work on creating patterns and making clothes for my family. My sewing room really needs it badly. I havent' sewn in there in over a yr. I lost my grandson last year and had such a hard time getting back into it. I have another room that I use in the winter for my bedroom, so that I don't have to heat the whole upstairs/downstairs. I have a serger and another emb/combo that I've been using to sew my projects. I really want to get my sewing room done because I love the machine in there for emb. I have to get the gifts done before I worry about that. I am also in the process of organizing and ridding the rest of the house of unneeded items as well
Old 12-08-2016, 12:35 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:54 PM

My organizational goals have been to rearrange my sewing area, get all my summer fabric purchases folded and put away, and put more sewing cabinets in storage.

So far I've gotten most done - got the last of the items in the sewing room moved out, but now I have to get the totes put on the shelves I put up in place of the cabinets. I've got three cabinets sitting in the kitchen as they have not made it out to the storage shed yet (will do that tomorrow, before it starts snowing). I've got four more cabinets selected to put in storage, and that is going to make things a lot less crowded in the house.

I'm so glad DH and I came up with a better storage solution for my sewing cabinet collection - I will be glad to have room again!
Old 12-09-2016, 03:17 AM

I'm pleased to report that I got the excess knitting and spinning wools and UFOs properly packaged up in 3 plastic totes and stored in my attic, near the entry where I can easily get to them when needed. The 4th tote has been filled with papercrafting items that were cluttering my workspace. Those are for now stored in the hallway. My plan is that if I have not taken anything out of a tote by next summer, it will be taken to our local nonprofit art and craft teaching workshop.

Now I just have to finish the 5 stitch and fold wreaths/candle mats for the Dec. 12 gift exchange with my horsey friends LOL!

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 12-09-2016 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Forgot to add
Old 12-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Have 3 of the 4 blocks sewn...picking fabric for the 4th...
Old 12-09-2016, 02:17 PM

Phew! I'm feeling a little like I'm making one step of progress followed by five steps back. Pretty frustrating. I'm not sure how to break this cycle.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:19 PM

Do you like your Tailormade cabinet. I can not find any reviews on line for it. Is it made well?