Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2017)? >

What are we organizing today (2017)?

What are we organizing today (2017)?

Old 11-05-2017, 05:15 AM

Those are some beautiful fabrics Connie! Great save.

I’ve been painting batting scraps to use in some art quilts and they have been occupying every horizontal surface and vertical hanging space in my art studio for the last week. Today I am going to find a box that they will all fit in and a spot where I can put the box— not just in any empty space on the floor, but a spot that will be it’s designated place...

wish me luck

Rob
Old 11-07-2017, 01:32 AM

I'm writing down a timeline of the gifts/items I need to sew in time for Christmas and other deadlines so I don't get sidetracked.
In other non-sewing news, I am currently organizing a blood drive at my church for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Last night started cutting setting sashings for the Tula Pink sampler...dug out another UFO top. Have 2 more blocks to sew then can add side triangles and long sashes...even have the backing for this quilt!

Good idea to get that Christmas list going...good luck on the blood drive.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:32 PM

well im joining this group now so i will tell you about my project..early this year it was all organized by me an a dear friend took wks,,then daughter moved back in to one of the 2 rooms i was using for sewing crafting items ! so again we redid it for items to come in it was not as pretty as i would have liked it an becuase i ran out of steam the daughter helped later so now i dont know where some stuff currently is an still digging..now its been decided that since she moved out my husband needs a bigger office so he will be using that rm an not me for original stuff that got moved piddle. ssssso my closet off that room is a jumble since shes boxing an moving items yet again..i told myself that this was last time,,, i have been digging an boxing up very unsed sewing items an fabric im not sure why i have an will donate them to the local something or other since they dont do home ec anymore here aat the school..so far ive moxed an gotten rid of 8 boxes of sewing stuff that i will never use,, an on top of that 4 baskets of to finish projects that never got done by saying i dont wanna do that anymore i have better an more exciting sewing to do,,so i either baged those in individual ziplock with patterns an stuff with them or took apart an thru fabric in scrap bins if if was quilting an i really liked it..any other mending that had been sitting for more then 6 months an not done got rotarty cut up into throw away rags to use or taken to thriftstore to add to their stuff they get that goes to a fab recycler that shreds an uses for other things *like jeans made into insulation* so please god just give me more time to finish an be done with it so i can get on to sewing
Old 12-10-2017, 08:25 AM

Purplella- sounds like you have been very busy! Good job on deciding to let some things go. That is what I have the hardest time with.

Rob
Old 12-10-2017, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Purpella, I feel your pain! Stick with it...purging is good for the soul. I'm moving back from the family room to my original sewing spot...a 7 1/2 x 13 room with storage space under the stairs. The grands need the extra space more than I do..when all 13 are here the noise level is overthetop! The little wood table I used for quilting was becoming a horizontal clutter spot...why not let the kids use it to play board games, put puzzles etc...yes we still do that in this family. When I want to use the table it's not a big deal for me to move my machine 10' to the family room. The family room will still hold some yardage, but I have gone through fabric, magazines and books, as well as decomissioned UFO projects. And have my machine in a spot to sew and finished a UFO mini, and sewed 2 more mini's while working. Want this done before Christmas. It feels empowering...just wish I wouldn't have gotten the stomach flu the others all have had.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:50 AM

Oksewglad: I hope the stomach flu is done going through your house.

I’m spending a few days at my niece’s house in central MN while she is in the hospital after a scheduled surgery. Her husband got their 3 girls off to school and now I’m free to do whatever I want until I pick the girls up after school and take them to visit mom.

So here’s my plan for the morning:

Go through a large carrying tote of blue scraps and iron them and sort by size
Attached Thumbnails af4b54e4-0c97-4cab-aafb-00fcd68ba180.jpeg   48ec7741-baea-44a3-9e6b-86e2ccbcd49e.jpeg  
Old 12-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Thanks, retired teach...yes finally gone, but we threw in a family funeral last week. With family home I had to throw the move in hyperdrive. I now have a couple of big baskets to go through and put in the proper place which are in the way in my small space. But the kids loved having the larger space this weekend! So definitely a win, win. I have reorganizing to do in my sewing room already!

You look ready for a well organized day...meanwhile doing a good deed for your family...looks like you will make good use of the down time and should have few interruptions until the school bell rings and evening chaos.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:41 PM

Oksewglad: I’m glad you had great family time but my sympathy on your loss.

I worked on and off today on the tote and probably ironed and measured about 1/2 of it so I am pleased.

I may work on it tomorrow morning before I leave to help my sister.

Here’s my progress and the scene outside of the window:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585829[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]585830[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]585831[/ATTACH]

Time to let their dogs out and get them in their kennels and get the girls.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails 0dca05af-6e7d-4966-81db-d22f023ad434.jpeg   47f5c429-0b7a-494c-a6c6-46705e47a016.jpeg   85fd5d50-5f7c-482c-a4ac-7b912c690da8.jpeg  
Old 12-22-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Oksewglad: I hope the stomach flu is done going through your house.

I’m spending a few days at my niece’s house in central MN while she is in the hospital after a scheduled surgery. Her husband got their 3 girls off to school and now I’m free to do whatever I want until I pick the girls up after school and take them to visit mom.

So here’s my plan for the morning:

Go through a large carrying tote of blue scraps and iron them and sort by size

This looks like a playground to me! I thrive in that kind of environment! May I come over???