Maine Quilt Show 2010

Old 07-19-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by sdparent
I am planning on being there on Friday along with Mountainquilter and sandiannie, I hope madeinmaine joins us.
and hopefully you can drag Mosher along too :D
Old 07-22-2010, 06:01 PM

jackip...nice! Will be sure to check it out and good luck...plans have changed and will not get there until Sat...shucks, was hoping to meet up with some of you. Save some goodies for those of us who go on Day 2!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Sorry we won't get to meet katmom54. Was so looking forward to meeting the mystery woman who saw me at the Fabric Garden. Enjoy your time on Saturday; and looking forward to seeing what you spend your money on. I just love visiting all the vendors!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip
I have a quilt entered into this show. I have my fingers crossed. I would love to go, but it is just too far for me to go.
I did the same thing last year. Sent a quilt in (not for judging- just for display). It was too far for me to attend. An eldery quilt collector contacted me and others about buying their quilts. Can't speak for the others, but I sold mine to him. I am told he goes every year to buy more quilts. Wealthy, eccentric, and just likes to change his quilt displays in his home.

Good luck with your quilt! I think it's deserving of a blue ribbon!
Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Originally Posted by jackkip
I have a quilt entered into this show. I have my fingers crossed. I would love to go, but it is just too far for me to go.
I did the same thing last year. Sent a quilt in (not for judging- just for display). It was too far for me to attend. An eldery quilt collector contacted me and others about buying their quilts. Can't speak for the others, but I sold mine to him. I am told he goes every year to buy more quilts. Wealthy, eccentric, and just likes to change his quilt displays in his home.

Good luck with your quilt! I think it's deserving of a blue ribbon!
Thank you JenniePenny. I would love to win a ribbon. Quilt shows are becoming an addiction for me. I end up spending so much money on shipping :( . My DH is so sweet and never complains.

As for selling my quilt, well I have already bartered that quilt. When I finished it, I had our kid's photography take pictures. He fell in love with it. He wants it to use for baby pictures. So he took the pictures and didn't charge me and I told him I would give him the quilt. Since I have no emotional attachment to this particular quilt, I thought it was a fair trade. Hopefully he will do more quilt photos. They turn out so much better than my cheap camera.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:46 PM

I will be at the show this year, but Friday I'm in a class all day. Unless the time is around lunch I will miss meeting you all. Have fun!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM

I am fairly new to the board but I would love to meet members that are going to the Maine quilt show. I will be at the show on Fri. and Sat. Hope to see others on Fri.
Lorraine
Old 07-23-2010, 05:35 PM

We should figure out a way to notify each other on other days of the show that we are quilting board posters/members. I plan on going on Friday but on Saturday it would still be nice to run into each other and say hello!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:15 PM

I told hubby, I may go again on Saturday. Why doesn't everyone plan to meet on Saturday at the Food Court at 2:30 just like we are doing on Friday? That way, whoever is there can meet no matter what.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:24 PM

Is there some way we might recognise each other?