Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 PM

The baked beans are good hot or cold I can also bring a jello salad. I am so excited this will be my first outing can't wait. If you want me to bring something else let me know.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:08 PM

The baked beans are good hot or cold I can also bring a jello salad. I am so excited this will be my first outing can't wait. If you want me to bring something else let me know.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Originally Posted by stitchy65
I am thinking I'm going to bring the individual packages I found recently at Goodwill. It is the block-of-the-month club Joann' put out last year. I got a fabulous deal on all of it! I would also like to learn to do hand quilting and applique. Does anyone mind if I bring along some smaller blocks ready to try to learn those skills? What other kinds of skills are the more experienced quilters in the group willing to teach?
On Saturday, I will be teaching a paper piecing class for anyone who wants to learn :thumbup:
I would love to learn paper piecing can't wait. Thank you for volunteering to show us.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:31 PM

[quote=candlequilter]
Originally Posted by UglyCook
Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Check received from Lilrain! Only one to go! :)
Just saw this thread and sent you a PM. I would love to go if there is still room. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Sherryl, we will finally get to meet in person! Yay! Would be glad to meet up with you for the ride down if you want to go on Thursday afternoon.

Julie
Yes absolutely, this is going to be so much fun.

I will probably bring my paper piece pattern that I am making for my Candlequilter Star to work on.

I can hardly wait to meet everyone. Especially sew cornie since I have done a quilt for her.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Sherryl, you did TWO quilts for me. :-D And I got to show them off at our last local get-together. Everyone thought they were great! At this moment, the quilts are in "fort" mode in the living room. The boys are really loving them. :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm glad you can come and am looking forward to meeting you too!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:39 PM

I agree with cbridges22....Karen deserves a HUGE thank you from all of us that will be going to this retreat for all her hard work!

I have no idea what to contribute food-wise. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by stitchy65
I agree with cbridges22....Karen deserves a HUGE thank you from all of us that will be going to this retreat for all her hard work!

I have no idea what to contribute food-wise. Anyone have any suggestions?
Breakfast stuff would be good like scones or muffins or stuff!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Banned

[quote=sew cornie]
Originally Posted by UglyCook
Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Check received from Lilrain! Only one to go! :)
Just saw this thread and sent you a PM. I would love to go if there is still room. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Sherryl, we will finally get to meet in person! Yay! Would be glad to meet up with you for the ride down if you want to go on Thursday afternoon.

Julie
Yes absolutely, this is going to be so much fun.

I will probably bring my paper piece pattern that I am making for my Candlequilter Star to work on.

I can hardly wait to meet everyone. Especially sew cornie since I have done a quilt for her.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Sherryl, you did TWO quilts for me. :-D And I got to show them off at our last local get-together. Everyone thought they were great! At this moment, the quilts are in "fort" mode in the living room. The boys are really loving them. :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm glad you can come and am looking forward to meeting you too!

Yes, I remember I was telling my husband today about your boys 2 quilts (the train one and the outerspace one). Can hardly wait.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Old 05-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

Dropped my check in the mail today. I can bring potato salad if thats okay with everyone. Plus I can bring a sack of potatoes and a couple dozen eggs in case anyone wants that for breakfasts.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Are we going to need ice chests to accomodate all the food that needs refrigeration? I could try to borrow one if y'all think we need one. or maybe someone will be transporting their cold items in one and we can use it. Enough food for 15-16 people for three days is going to take up quite a bit of space. I will look at the food list again and try to figure out some things that will not require refrigeration.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM

Hey everyone...don't forget there is a Safeway right up the street!