Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-20-2011, 04:24 PM

mistiliz and I were both in Boomerang 2.0. It will be nice to meet her in person. I like meeting those I've swapped blocks with in the past.

I'm open for a swap or game. Not sure I need any "uglies". How does the Bingo game work?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:06 PM

I'm up for swaps! As for ugly fabric - I have fabric its not disgustinly ugly - I just don't like it. Can I call that ugly?! If so I'm in! It's just not playing well with the others.

Feathers, I'm so glad you will be joining us. Could this be live entertainment for us if you have more than one glass of wine?! This ought to be fun its been awhile since I saw someone dancing on the table!! LOL

Karen, how many are secured for the weekend thus far? I'm nervous for you (and all of us) because of the big amount that is on your card! In know it all works out and I don't mind paying a little bit more if needed. More the merrier-and would be great to pay even less!!!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
mistiliz and I were both in Boomerang 2.0. It will be nice to meet her in person. I like meeting those I've swapped blocks with in the past.

I'm open for a swap or game. Not sure I need any "uglies". How does the Bingo game work?
Just like the regular BINGO game except instead of B-4 the BINGO letters are in different colors of fabric and you pull a piece of fabric out of the bag and if that fabric appears on your card then you cover it with a button. We had a great time with it each time we've played it. We usually play for a fat quarter. Everyone brings a fat quarter and puts it in a bag and who ever wins the Bingo can reach in and take out a FQ. We could also do it with any kind of notion or potholder or pincushion prize and just put them in a bag and let each winner draw out what they want without looking in the bag.

I also have some word games where you unscramble words (Ex: Dresden Plate, California star, Spinning pinwheel, etc.) Whoever is first to unscramble their words that spell the name of a quilt block gets to reach in the bag for a prize.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:59 PM

These games sound fun! Jen, bring yours and we'll determine which ones we want to play? How about if we each bring 3 fat quarters or the equivalent of such? Ugly or otherwise! :)

I think our paid people is at 6 now. I have 16 who have replied they want to come. Hopefully we'll have at least the 11 that I've paid for and then each of us won't have to pay more for the weekend!

Look tomorrow for an update on food volunteered and people paid! I'll do it in the afternoon after I check the mail.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:51 PM

Feathers, I think your Bingo game sounds fun. And I love word games too.

Karen, good idea to bring 3 FQs each. That will provide plenty for games or swaps. Thanks again for getting all of this organized! You're awesome! :mrgreen:
Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 PM

My check is in the envelope and will be mailed tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187025.jpe  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Update for the day! Let me know if I've missed something! I just wanted to post so you don't have to go back through pages and pages to get the info. I thought I would post the link for the house as well. I don't have the exact address but will let you all know it as soon as I do. http://www.oregonvacationcabins.com/ (The Sea Haven house is the one we are going to use.)

No checks today so 6 are paid!

Food:
Condiments and a pound cake and coffee (Cbridges), a turkey, etc (Feathers) a chicken lasagna and Costco muffins (quilttiludrop), red wine (Winewoman), birthday cake for 2Doods (Karen).

Feathers told us about a bingo game that she has and SewCornie has a word game. Bring 3 fat quarters (purchased or cut it yourself).

I love that UglyCook created us a logo! It's awesome!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 PM

You guys should play strip poker! Sooo much fun!

This past summer one of the guilds I belong to played a game of strip poker. It was loads of fun and we all had a good laugh. Of course I lost my shirt but then again I've never been good at this sort of thing. ^^ It was still fun though.

RULES FOR QUILTERS STRIP POKER
Each table should have 9 or 10 players but absolutely no more then 10
Each player should have 12 charm strips 2.5" x 45" (or width of fabric)
Be sure the JOKERS are taken OUT of the deck. Shuffle the cards thoroughly!
To begin, each player must ante one strip into the pot
The dealer gives each player a card (face up), if the card is a diamond, club or spade, the player must put one of their strips into the pot, but if the card is a heart, the player gets to take two strips out of the pot. If ther are no more strips in the pot, the player who gets a heard loses the opportunity to take strips out of the pot, however, the player who gets a diamond, club or spade must put a strip into the pot.
Repeat above step until all the players have five cards. The winner of the pot is the player who has the most duplicates (5's or kings or 9's, etc) of the highest card value (Ace is high, 2 is low). NO OTHER standard poker hands are valid. If two or more players have the same duplicates, the face value of the next highest card in the hands determines the winner. For example K-K-Q beats K-K-J because the Q is higher then the J.

ORDER OF WINNING HANDS FROM LOWEST TO HIGHEST
Two of a kind
Two sets of two of a kind
Three of a kind
Four of a kind
Old 04-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Update for the day! Let me know if I've missed something! I just wanted to post so you don't have to go back through pages and pages to get the info. I thought I would post the link for the house as well. I don't have the exact address but will let you all know it as soon as I do. http://www.oregonvacationcabins.com/ (The Sea Haven house is the one we are going to use.)

No checks today so 6 are paid!

Food:
Condiments and a pound cake and coffee (Cbridges), a turkey, etc (Feathers) a chicken lasagna and Costco muffins (quilttiludrop), red wine (Winewoman), birthday cake for 2Doods (Karen).

Feathers told us about a bingo game that she has and SewCornie has a word game. Bring 3 fat quarters (purchased or cut it yourself).

I love that UglyCook created us a logo! It's awesome!
Feathers has both the Bingo and word games. I don't have any.

Food: I'm bringing fresh fruit, ice cream, Hershey's syrup.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:15 PM

Thanks Jen, for catching me on that! I'll keep it straight next time! Fidissimus you should come on Saturday and help us play! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!