Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #21 Photo Page

Blog Entries
    Well, miss mouse, thats what they mean when talking about lemonade!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    that's good info, candi. I'm just not that brave a mouse.
    When I first started quilting...
    It took me forty forevers to cut my fabric...I'm talking months!
    I had been sewing since I was 10!
    Just hate messing things up, but it's been a real learning experience with quilting.
    Ye shall mess up, and you shall learn to live with it and go forward if you want to quilt.
    Good thing you can also make quilts out of scraps :XD:
    Well Mousie, you have me beat by a long shot..I just learned how to operate the sewing machine three years ago and just bought my first sewing machine two years ago...never sewed a thing in my life before that first quilt. If hand embroidery works for you, which from the look of your block it looks like it does, it is great! But if you are wanting to try bobbin work, I am sure you'll do awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Well, miss mouse, thats what they mean when talking about lemonade!
    :XD:

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    that's good info, candi. I'm just not that brave a mouse.
    When I first started quilting...
    It took me forty forevers to cut my fabric...I'm talking months!
    I had been sewing since I was 10!
    Just hate messing things up, but it's been a real learning experience with quilting.
    Ye shall mess up, and you shall learn to live with it and go forward if you want to quilt.
    Good thing you can also make quilts out of scraps :XD:
    Well Mousie, you have me beat by a long shot..I just learned how to operate the sewing machine three years ago and just bought my first sewing machine two years ago...never sewed a thing in my life before that first quilt. If hand embroidery works for you, which from the look of your block it looks like it does, it is great! But if you are wanting to try bobbin work, I am sure you'll do awesome!
    if you think about it logically, candi...what if you had been sewing since age 10?
    Your already 8-) , look how long it took me to get to the point I'm struggling with now? ;-)

I am on a roll(love having the bobbin work done already)..so I realized that since I am using the same colors for my hearts, I can consolidate/cheat :mrgreen: It turned out allright I think.
    Now, that's clever and it works, lovely block.
    Florence

Roxanne, I love the colour combination great block, Lisamorell, I could eat your's they look so scrumptious.I am almost finished mine.
    Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossy
    I am on a roll(love having the bobbin work done already)..so I realized that since I am using the same colors for my hearts, I can consolidate/cheat :mrgreen: It turned out allright I think.
    Now, that's clever and it works, lovely block.
    Florence
    Thanks, Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Awww Elle, you're just jealous...go ahead...admit it!! LOL!
    Yep you guessed it and I still donīt know who Tom is, cīmon who is To, donīt tell me that is the name of her latest sewing machine LOL
    Elle, Tom is Patti's lovesick kitty in her avatar! I just love him - he's so cute!!!
    And all this time I thought it was a puppy!
    Jeannie

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpthequilter
    Yep you guessed it and I still donīt know who Tom is, cīmon who is To, donīt tell me that is the name of her latest sewing machine LOL
    Elle, Tom is Patti's lovesick kitty in her avatar! I just love him - he's so cute!!!
    Jeannie
    Jeannie, Patti's current avatar is Phydeaux. Tom is a very lovesick black cat. She is hosting both a funky cat swap & a funky dawg swap. Both of these characters are 2 of her creations for that. I know how hard to it is to come into the middle of a conversation, but the wonderful thing about this Board & the people who are here - we don't mind & we will help get you caught up in the action!!!

Jeannie
    Jeannie, Patti's current avatar is Phydeaux. Tom is a very lovesick black cat. She is hosting both a funky cat swap & a funky dawg swap. Both of these characters are 2 of her creations for that. I know how hard to it is to come into the middle of a conversation, but the wonderful thing about this Board & the people who are here - we don't mind & we will help get you caught up in the action!!!

Thanks so very much, luv!
    Wasn't Tom, the black kitty avitar, swaying to a lovesong, or looking through a fishbowl ? If you pronounce "Phydeaux" fast - well !!!!LOL!
    In any case, ITs a real cutie pie!
    ...and luv, you don't know it but I sent in some shoecats to the FC swap, and will send in some shoedogs to the FD swap...The whole thing is a wonderful laugh, and I enjoyed it immensly! There is a photo of a shoecat in the FC swap pages too...I am currently contemplating how to arrange some of my Funky Cat blocks that I got back into two wallhangings. One around a kelly green tie-togther color.
    I am so glad that I found this board, and it is people like you that make it special!
    Jeannie
    Ps, I was just lurking - because the blocks are so pretty. I just don't have time for everything I would like to do. :-)

Blog Entries
    Yes, you are right...Tom was the black kitty avatar that I used right before this one~ Phydeaux.

The other day, I was wondering how the shoedogs were coming! :)

Yes, you are right...Tom was the black kitty avatar that I used right before this one~ Phydeaux.

The other day, I was wondering how the shoedogs were coming! :)
    Thanks for asking...I am in the process of making some "Shaply sheep" for the Funky Farms,...and a surprise too. I know what it is - fun...but I'm not telling yet.
    And you will get shoedogs from me!
    Whew...I may be 81, but I still know when I see a cute puppy! Y'all had me wondering for a while! LOL!
    Jeannie the Quilter

Here is my block 21, I enjoyed making this block.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My computer just would not respond so here I am again. Hope I can get block 21 on here. Sorry now it has gone in twice-computers at times seem to have a mind all their own.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    All the blocks are so pretty. They are going to make beautiful quilts! I am anticipating seeing them when they are finished!

Blog Entries
    Flossy, another beautiful block. You are quite experienced at hand applique, aren't you? It shows in your lovely work. Can't wait to see the next one - &&&& - when you get the center 16 done & together!

hi, taking my meds like a good mouse, but only messing and gauming with the fabrics, on 'rest' orders and don't really have any energy.
    ok, so much for mousie updates.
    florence, your block is super yummy, gf! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Florence, your block is beautiful! Your work is just stunning and I love the layout of your color choices. Very very pretty!

hi, taking my meds like a good mouse, but only messing and gauming with the fabrics, on 'rest' orders and don't really have any energy.

Ah ha, so you did find it! and mouse peeked...
    You got me, what is "gauming"?
    and this is not the block with curls!!! hoo boy I guess I'd better be off to go to bed!
    I know why I stopped - it is a pretty block - all of them are!
    Jeannie

Ah ha, so you did find it! and mouse peeked...
    You got me, what is "gauming"?
    and this is not the block with curls!!! hoo boy I guess I'd better be off to go to bed!
    I know why I stopped - it is a pretty block - all of them are!
    Jeannie
    well, messing and gauming...you know...I'm not sure if that is a REAL word, but you know what they say:
    "what you believe IS your reality."
    gauming is a little like putzing, finagling...slightly different meaning there...playing...you get the gist ;-)
    If you use the phrase and your talking about children...somebody's being a little naughty :-)
    I think of it as doing something while in your own little world...not trying to be real productive, but actually having peace of mind and contentment is quite an accomplishment.
    Geesh,...even a mild fever can't keep this mouse quiet for long :lol:

You must be feeling a little better Mousie - you're getting chatty again.

Flossy, I just love your colour choices. Beautiful work.

Flossy your block is beautiful

Flossy, another beautiful block. You are quite experienced at hand applique, aren't you? It shows in your lovely work. Can't wait to see the next one - &&&& - when you get the center 16 done & together!
    This is my first real needle turn applique, however, I have done quite a bit of Celtic Knot work so I suppose it helps. Many thanks for your lovely compliments and all others as well. I am enjoying this project very much, and looking forward to putting the centre together. I still have to find a border fabric though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    You must be feeling a little better Mousie - you're getting chatty again.

Flossy, I just love your colour choices. Beautiful work.
    ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossy
    This is my first real needle turn applique, however, I have done quite a bit of Celtic Knot work so I suppose it helps. Many thanks for your lovely compliments and all others as well. I am enjoying this project very much, and looking forward to putting the centre together. I still have to find a border fabric though.
    Flossy, I have done a whole lot of Celtic applique, but mine is 100% done by machine. I truly love Celtic applique. I am quilting (by machine) a Celtic cross I designed & I think I got all my overs & unders correct. :wink: Even when I am following a pattern, I usually mess on one somewhere, so if I messed up 1, there is usually another that is also messed up!

I have attached a table runner I made several years ago for a Christmas table. I've never actually used it as the kitty thinks anything on the table is fair game!!!

A Celtic table runner
    Name:  Attachment-216544.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  55.7 KB

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast