Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #21 Photo Page

Blog Entries
    Nice Block Florence, I like the colours on this one too. Kathy, your table runner is lovely - shame your kitty won't let you use it!

Blog Entries
    Kathy...that runner is beautiful! You can "loan" it to me...my cats are fine with leaving things on the table alone...(at least if I'm looking at them). I'll send it back when your kitty cooperates a bit more...really...I'll send it back..promise! :wink:

Beautiful table runner. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossy
    This is my first real needle turn applique, however, I have done quite a bit of Celtic Knot work so I suppose it helps. Many thanks for your lovely compliments and all others as well. I am enjoying this project very much, and looking forward to putting the centre together. I still have to find a border fabric though.
    Flossy, I have done a whole lot of Celtic applique, but mine is 100% done by machine. I truly love Celtic applique. I am quilting (by machine) a Celtic cross I designed & I think I got all my overs & unders correct. :wink: Even when I am following a pattern, I usually mess on one somewhere, so if I messed up 1, there is usually another that is also messed up!

I have attached a table runner I made several years ago for a Christmas table. I've never actually used it as the kitty thinks anything on the table is fair game!!!
    Kathy, I love this table runner, I recognised it straight away it is one of Beth Ann Williams designs, I have her book and one day I will do it, I love the colours in yours, no one will ever notice if the unders and overs are correct and who cares any how life is too short. I love to do mine by hand I don't like machineing that much.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Flossy, you are so right about Beth Ann Williams. I wish she had more books out there as I love her designs. I have made just about all of the ones in her book. The Celtic cross I am quilting comes from an old grave marker I found years ago on the Internet when I was searching for more designs. I have a couple of books on designing your own knotwork, but haven't really used them much. I did refer to them while adding the fill to the cross, though. I can't get into the animals, though. Would love to see the Book of Kells in person!

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with our Lace.

mmm, lovely, kathy :wink:

Adding Block 21
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Love love love this bright scrappy one AC!!

oh my goodness, ann...you are determined to keep me clamouring for more...encore! encore! :D

Flossy, you are so right about Beth Ann Williams. I wish she had more books out there as I love her designs. I have made just about all of the ones in her book. The Celtic cross I am quilting comes from an old grave marker I found years ago on the Internet when I was searching for more designs. I have a couple of books on designing your own knotwork, but haven't really used them much. I did refer to them while adding the fill to the cross, though. I can't get into the animals, though. Would love to see the Book of Kells in person!

I dont much like the animals either, I have seen the book of Kells, but I believe it is only a replica, but they show a page a day of the actual book I think it is such a long time ago I forget.Angela Madden has a book "Sew Easy Celtic" I found this book very helpfull when designing my Celtic Quilt-not finished yet.I love her books and have several.You will have to book a trip to Ireland to see the book and come visit Lesley and myself. Love to see the cross.

Blog Entries

I dont much like the animals either, I have seen the book of Kells, but I believe it is only a replica, but they show a page a day of the actual book I think it is such a long time ago I forget.Angela Madden has a book "Sew Easy Celtic" I found this book very helpfull when designing my Celtic Quilt-not finished yet.I love her books and have several.You will have to book a trip to Ireland to see the book and come visit Lesley and myself. Love to see the cross.
    I'd love to fly over there, but the TSA here is doing downright obscene things to passengers who fly. Nobody is putting their hands on this body & I'll be dipped if I'm gonna submit to a full body scan that shows enough of you to make it X-rated. Not gonna happen. Of course, I could save for the next 20 years and book a cruise. Bu then DH & I would be retired & could do that!

I'm going to look up Angela Madden. Thanks for the heads up!

Kathy, in 20 yesrs I would be so old and possibly not alive so who would you visit-still Lesley will be here but old but not as old as me- the Book Of Kells will will be still on show I'm sure.Happy quilting.

Blog Entries
    Kathy, in 20 yesrs I would be so old and possibly not alive so who would you visit-still Lesley will be here but old but not as old as me- the Book Of Kells will will be still on show I'm sure.Happy quilting.
    Hmm, I'll try and hang on Kathy, but I'll be 85 then, LOL. On the other hand, perhaps they will drop all the checks before then.

Blog Entries
    Heck...I plan to be kickin' and goin' strong in 20 years...you can visit me Kathy!

Blog Entries
    Follow-up to the bit about the TSA and their roving hands on airplane passengers. The State of Texas is debating legislature about making these pat searches a felony with prison time attached. Some scandal is brewing. TSA is threatening to cause all air flights to & from Texas to be stopped. Dallas & Houston are 2 major metro areas! Could get very intresting as several other states are considering doing the same thing. This has really gotten out of hand. Their searches are legalized groping & molesting.

Blog Entries
    Follow-up to the bit about the TSA and their roving hands on airplane passengers. The State of Texas is debating legislature about making these pat searches a felony with prison time attached. Some scandal is brewing. TSA is threatening to cause all air flights to & from Texas to be stopped. Dallas & Houston are 2 major metro areas! Could get very intresting as several other states are considering doing the same thing. This has really gotten out of hand. Their searches are legalized groping & molesting.
    That does sound a bit excessive Kathy. I recently went to the UK and I did get patted down, but never felt it was that intrusive, in fact I wondered what they would have found if I WAS carrying something, because they hardly seemed to touch me. So really, I suppose its all a question of technique?

On the other hand, I would rather everyone was checked if it meant that my flight was safer. I know that no pilot would take off if he felt there was any kind of problem, because he wants to get home as much as we do.

My # 21
    Attached Images Attached Images

roxanne, you sure have been one busy girl, and love this one too! yum yum! :)

Blog Entries
    Really like this one with the embroidery done...:)

Blog Entries
    Here is my block 21, I enjoyed making this block.
    I love your color choices Flossy. In fact, everybody's blocks are so pretty. This is my next block and I've been peeking around the corner to see what everyone else is doing. That's not considered cheating is it?

Blog Entries
    pretty

Roxanne, another beautiful block.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I love your color choices Flossy. In fact, everybody's blocks are so pretty. This is my next block and I've been peeking around the corner to see what everyone else is doing. That's not considered cheating is it?
    Not cheating at all Losie - isn't there something about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

Roxanne, lovely use of fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    Not cheating at all Losie - isn't there something about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

Roxanne, lovely use of fabrics.
    well, I freely and proudly admit that I 'study', everybody's colors, bc that is the part that I love, but it doesn't come easily to me.
    I agonize over my color choices.
    I figure I am learning while enjoying, and let's face it; how many colors are there, anyway?
    But...no two ppl will have the same prints etc., so there will not be any two quilts alike, and that is one of the funnest parts of all!

Blog Entries
    Losie...not cheating at all...thats why we do this as a group! Makes it more fun doesn't it??

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast