Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
dh said no to knocking down wall...well he wasn't home >

dh said no to knocking down wall...well he wasn't home

dh said no to knocking down wall...well he wasn't home

Old 10-16-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by sharone
Brilliant idea, just hang a quilt over the opening and your hubby won't notice the hole. :)

I like that ;-)
Old 10-16-2010, 08:51 PM

Wish I had a wall I could knock down or even a closet to expand into, if I did that in my house the new space would be outside of the house, LOL, Good Luck, May in Jersey
Old 10-16-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by sharone
Brilliant idea, just hang a quilt over the opening and your hubby won't notice the hole. :)
Best answer! :lol:
Old 10-16-2010, 08:59 PM

I love your attitude! Who ever said a woman can't make up her mind and get it done! You are going to have some wondeful space for your hobby. Seems like we do have it grow. I started out using one end of the family room, then I had my grandson sheetrock and texture a small area that we used for storage, then I started using one of the spare bedrooms to layout my unfinished quilts. Then I bought the used frame and decided to set it up in another spare bedroom....welll I have pretty muchly taken over the whole downstairs....other than I decided to put the 66-16 in the dining room upstairs because I think it looks so neat there. I am wondering where I am going to put that treadle machine I will probably get some day. That, and then I keep telling everyone I am going to sell this place and get something smaller so I won't have so much to take care of. Well, I am going to spend another winter here so may as well enjoy it.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by rb.
Um...that's not a load-bearing wall, is it? LOL You may want to figure that out before removing the studs.
Yep, not to mention any wiring that may be in the wall ... :shock:

It's still funny, though! :lol: DH and I have talked about combining two of our three bedrooms, but have never done it. The wall between them is load-bearing, so at best we might could just add a doorway between them.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Google Goddess

oh no, so is he mad???

Originally Posted by LanaCindy
He just came home...looked at the hole and said: Why did you do that...shook his head and went to watch TV....LOL
Old 10-16-2010, 09:28 PM

You're my HERO!! LOL
Old 10-16-2010, 09:49 PM

LOL, been there , done that. DH went to bed with one door in the family rm, woke up the next morning with another one and no old chimney flue in my new doorway(it had already been dismantled on the roof in remodel a year prior)I decided that I needed a door instead of a flue, if I was in the family rm and wanted to go to my laundry I had to walk the length of the family rm, thru the kitchen and the dining rm just to get there. With the new door, go thru turn left ,your there.Problem solved. Keep in mind, house is a long ranch style-bedrooms/baths on one end , laundry on the far opposite end.Who in their right mind would do that? I know that there are a lot of women architects, but have come to the conclusion that a man ,had to have designed ours. :lol: :lol: just kidding ,you guys :-D Sorry I rambled on so.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM

OMG!!! You are so funny, I love it! I hope it works out just as you have imagined and I hope your dh isn't too upset.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:20 PM

Too funny. I bet he doesn't notice for a few days...