Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Disappointed in whole-cloth quilt... >

Disappointed in whole-cloth quilt...

Disappointed in whole-cloth quilt...

Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 AM

I think its beautiful. PM me for my address if you really don't like it. hehehhee!! Really, it is gorgeous. The all white makes its simplicity stand out. Your quilting is wonderful.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:06 AM

Very nice, beautiful work.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

I think your quilt is beautiful.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:02 AM

After working on it so long you aren't seeing it like others will. You should be very proud of this quilt and show it off with pride. Perhaps you could use it in a room with brighter colors. I'm sure it would "pop" then.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:17 AM

Looks beautiful!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 AM

Check out http://www.quiltkunst.de Her name is Andrea, she is a member here. She does hand quilted whole cloth...Award winning stuff....
Ellen
Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Have you ever thought about doing something, planned for it, dreamed of it, wanted it...only to be REALLY disappointed with the outcome when you finally did it?

Ever wonder why I haven't yet posted pictures of the finished, bound and washed whole-cloth quilt even though it's been done for a few weeks now??? Well...I'm just really disappointed in what it looks like.

Since washing out the blue markings basically, it looks like one big blob of white. :( The center medallion doesn't show up AT ALL! :( I'm really disappointed in it. I really should have done the quilting in a colored or variegated thread so the design would show up better.

I've been so disappointed in this quilt, that I haven't even put it on our bed to use. I've had it folded up on a quilt rack with the BACK side showing.

At least the back has something interesting to look at. I really love the black and white toile fabric.

I spent 9 months hand quilting it only to be disappointed in the outcome. However, I did learn a valuable lesson...I actually LIKE to see the stitching in my quilts! In the past I have done everything I could to make my stitches virtually invisible. But no more! I want to see the stitching and the design!
I think that your quilt is QUITE beautiful and you have done a fine job. I'm with the camp that would willingly take it off your hands in a heartbeat. ;) Remember that WE are our own worst critics and others would kill for a beauty like that. Keep up the awesome work. :XD:
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 AM

Sound like everyone likes your quilt. Maybe it is the letdown of being done. There is always a next time to try something else.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 AM

Beautiful!
When I retire (hopefully in a few short yrs). I want to do a quilt like yours. If it turns out half as beautiful I will be so happy.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 AM

Oh honey , its beautiful , use it with pride. You did something that some never even try to do. I say , use it with pride.