Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Finally finished the crazy quilt!

I am so glad you showed this quilt. You have given me an idea for making one out of garage sale finds. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Nince job, well done.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Going to try adding some pics of each block... top to bottom left to right. I'm sorry that they're a bit wrinkled because I had to lay it out on my couch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a husband and kids, therefore, I need therapy and sewing is way cheaper than a psychiatrist.

This is row number two.

I have a husband and kids, therefore, I need therapy and sewing is way cheaper than a psychiatrist.

And row number three...

And finally row four. Whew! The mini quilt at the end is 4" X 4 1/2" finished. I hope they came out clear enough. I don't know why some of the colors came out funky!

I agree with everyone, it's absolutely beautiful. Good luck at the fair.

Just a quick update - she didn't do well at the state fair She got an Honorable mention and an award from the Thumbstall Quilt Guild for best use of embellishments.

Bummer!

Oh, well, there's always next year (and I'm already working on it! lol).

I give you a blue ribbon. think it is one very pretty quilt. joyce j

Blog Entries
    this is so nice good job

I'm not a big fan of scrappy quilts - but I love this crazy scrappy. Absolutely adorable. I LOVE IT!

This is a beautiful crazy quilt. So many that I see are so dark. Your quilt shines with light and detail. Way to go.

OH it is lovely. The blocks are beautiful. Thanks for the upclose pictures. I made one and I loved working on it too. Your colors are beautiful.

Tell me is the snake made of beads? I love the spider and web too.
    Last edited by nygal; 08-17-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by spokanequilter View Post
    I love it!! Good job and good luck at the fair!!
    Agree totally, love it.

Thank you, everyone! Your kind words make the sting of placing 4th after all that work not quite as ouchy. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    OH it is lovely. The blocks are beautiful. Thanks for the upclose pictures. I made one and I loved working on it too. Your colors are beautiful.

Tell me is the snake made of beads? I love the spider and web too.
    Thanks, nygal. Yes, the snake is all beads. Took forever!
    Now, tell me, did you enter anything in the state fair? If not, you should! Everyone should, if only for the fun of it! Although, the waiting to see if you're going to feel elated or crushed is rather, well...crappy.

I love your crazy quilt!!

Winner, Winner, Winner is all I can say. I shop thrift shops for fabric too. Unique. Good luck with the judges. I'm yearning to see individual pics of each block.

I would be proud to show that!! It really is lovely and I think you did great. Happy quilting
    Age is mind over matter.......if you don't mind ........it doesn't matter! 😂
    Nancy

Fabulous quilt!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
    It's awesome! Wish the photo was a bit clearer and we could zoom in on the squares to see better, but from what I CAN see, it's awesome. I though it would be "just another crazy quilt pattern", but I love the way you made each square into something to look at! I'm impressed!
    You CAN zoom in and see the blocks better. Simply hold down the 'control' key while hitting the '+' key at the same time the # of times you want to enlarge it and voila! To reverse it all, repeat but use the '-' key instead the same # of times that you enlarged it! Hope this helps others too who would like a better view. Or just simply click on 'page', zoom, and enlarge 400% if you want.

Beautiful quilt! Love the way you used the centers as the focal point of each block! This is right up my alley doing these kinds of things in quilts! Good luck at the show! Great job!

Good job.... it is stunning. Good luck at the fair too!!!

Beautiful quilt!

Thanks everyone!

There are pictures of the individual blocks a few pages back. I wish it would let me edit my beginning post!

And for those that didn't catch it - it won fourth, plus the award for 'Best Use of Embellishments'.

I'll be going out to the fairgrounds on Sunday to see the wonderful quilts that beat me out. I'm betting on at least a wholecloth

It is beautiful. Absolutely love it. You have a real winner for sure. Also, love that it was made from garage sale finds.

Quote Originally Posted by sewobsessed1 View Post
    Thanks everyone!

There are pictures of the individual blocks a few pages back. I wish it would let me edit my beginning post!

And for those that didn't catch it - it won fourth, plus the award for 'Best Use of Embellishments'.

I'll be going out to the fairgrounds on Sunday to see the wonderful quilts that beat me out. I'm betting on at least a wholecloth
    To edit your post, just send QuiltnNan a PM telling her you'd like to add an addendum to your post and she'll add 'see addendum' to your thread title while you give her the section you want to add.

Your quilt is a winner in our eyes! Blue ribbons to you from all of us!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast