Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

on the salvage /edge of fabric it should have a name like Moda or clothworks and then a name like golden flowers...do you understand? language barrier...I understand

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daisey
    on the salvage /edge of fabric it should have a name like Moda or clothworks and then a name like golden flowers...do you understand? language barrier...I understand
    No. we on the edge of fabric did not write. Just edge it. I do understand....

the name of the fabric is printed on the edge of the fabric...the manufacturer of it..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Daisey, the name of the fabric is "Floral Master". I got it at JoAnn's, and I believe the details of how to order it are on one of the early pages of this thread.

Olga, you are as beautiful as your quilts!!! And they are gorgeous!! Well done!!

No I have the floral master and am almost done with iy, but olga has done a few morw,,,I believe its on page 32, 33 or 34 its a floral with animal prints...really cool! I am hoping someone will know what fabric it is...
    thanks anyway probably in about 2 or 3 weeks I will be able to show my obw

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Olga those are beautiful. You did a great job on the layout of the second one - that was my first thought when I saw it on my email this morning.

Looking great. Amazing how one piece of fabric can produce so many dif patterns

Some fantastic blocks!

Power Poster
    beautiful

Blog Entries
    Remember, mine is the 8 sided Octo. I don't have the magic squares placed yet. What do you think so far about my octo placement?
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW!!! Those are wonderfull!!! And I love your placement!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtapp9
    Remember, mine is the 8 sided Octo. I don't have the magic squares placed yet. What do you think so far about my octo placement?

They are great ...I am ready with mine to start sewing the rows together,,it will hopefully be close to done next week.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Julie they look fabulous. The octogans really give a more kaleidoscopic effect with this fabric. You placement is great, I love the blues concentrated in the middle and the orange at the base - great job! Now get those squares in there! :mrgreen: :lol: :D

Blog Entries
    Sadly it will probably be a couple more weeks before I can start placing the squares...lol. We are going on a mini vacation leaving Thursday and not getting back until next Tuesday. Will be busy this week packing up the camper. I'm getting a machine ready to pack in there too! I think I'm going to cut some assorted patriotic triangles and sew a few random half square triangles while relaxing :).

I have 2 left over octagons that I will place in the border of this somewhere. I really need to make the teal color POP, leaning more to the green side.

Thanks for the encouragement on this project. It is taking me a while to complete, but at least not 5 yrs like the first OBW!

Blog Entries
    Ok, I didn't feel like cutting anything new to take on my trip....so I decided to pin squares :). I moved a couple of the orange blocks up because I really didn't like the "row" effect. I love the opposite corner movement effect. I would like to move a couple more squares (big ones) but then it really screws with the placement of the little squares and I don't feel like messing around with them anymore... I ran out of pins and I am four triangles (outer corners) shy of having enough triangles! I'm probably going to do those corners with the next border fabric. I am taking these with me on my trip and sewing those corners on...well, if I have time that is. I think it is going to turn out a lot better than I imagined :)

They are all so lovely,,,,,I love doing the OBW's, and these are just great!!!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Julie that looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    my work
    this is beautiful.. love the softness of this one ! aren't they fun to do?

Ok, I didn't feel like cutting anything new to take on my trip....so I decided to pin squares :). I moved a couple of the orange blocks up because I really didn't like the "row" effect. I love the opposite corner movement effect. I would like to move a couple more squares (big ones) but then it really screws with the placement of the little squares and I don't feel like messing around with them anymore... I ran out of pins and I am four triangles (outer corners) shy of having enough triangles! I'm probably going to do those corners with the next border fabric. I am taking these with me on my trip and sewing those corners on...well, if I have time that is. I think it is going to turn out a lot better than I imagined :)
    Julie,
    Seeing your octagon w/ this fabric is giving me the inspiration to try an oct. instead of another hex. OBW. I've perfect fabric to make a wallhanging for my brother's living room above their fireplace.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    The quilt top is finished! I ended up with a wide darker green border then a border of the original fabric.

I have a nice piece of cotton that is tan with tiny orange, green and purple swirly flowers that is going to make the perfect backing for this. The colors match wonderfully. I think I'm even going to cut it to fold over to the front for the binding. Not totally sure yet, may do that in the dark green.

I wanted to get teal, but I decided to stick with stash and my daughter said this worked great. I needed greeen to be my 'pop' color and it really did!

It is 84" x 96"

Will start quilting and binding this weekend and then will take one final picture before shipping it and my nieces quilt off to my sister :)

Great job, I'd love to learn how to make one! Can you make a TUTE for us???

Blog Entries
    In retrspect, I wish I would have floated those 2 extra ones in that upper left corner. I think that would have been a softer but more dominant effect.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QweenBee
    I wouldn't swear to it, but I think there are several tutes on OBW's.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion, it's a little too complex for a tute - get one of the books by Maxine Rosenthal called One Block Wonders.

Julie that is fabulous - I love the way you rounded off the corners with the green and I like the extra octos floating where they do - more unexpected than in the corners therefore more interesting. Can't wait to see it quilted - still haven't FMQd mine. :oops: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    In my opinion, it's a little too complex for a tute - get one of the books by Maxine Rosenthal called One Block Wonders.

Julie that is fabulous - I love the way you rounded off the corners with the green and I like the extra octos floating where they do - more unexpected than in the corners therefore more interesting. Can't wait to see it quilted - still haven't FMQd mine. :oops: :lol:

I ran out of triangles (magic squares)...lol.

i still haven't quilted the red/black/tan one that I posted earlier in this thread. The one that took me 5 yrs to finish...lol. Actually, I still have to border it and make it big enough for my bed :oops:

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast