Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

Quote Originally Posted by nena
    When I got mine at Joanne's last week it was all they had left. I don't know if they have had it for awhile, or it just went fast.
    I am leaving for Fl monday and I will see if I can find any. If i do i'll get 3 yards and some one can buy it if they want. I paid 6.99 a yard for mine.
    If you find it I'd love to buy it from you.
    Linda

I love this thread!!! Can't wait to see more pictures. The fabric is outstanding.

Less talk. More piecing. More pictures. Pleaaaasssseee!

I'm going to joann's tomorrow if any one wants some of it send me a PM and we can work out all the details. Of course that's if our store still has it.

Power Poster
    I like how it is starting out.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merrylouw
    I love this thread!!! Can't wait to see more pictures. The fabric is outstanding.

Less talk. More piecing. More pictures. Pleaaaasssseee!
    Yes ma'am! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's SO great all you ladies combing the countryside for this fabric. And I'm so pleased that we have another victim errrrm, participant in purplepamela! As soon as you've started, post some pics OK? Keep marylouw happy! :-D

I just got my Floral Master fabric from JoAnn's yesterday. It is one of the Keepsake Calicos and is currently on sale for 40% off. Although my store only had 3.5 yards....hopefully enough repeats so I can start cutting blocks. If you want I can give you the sku number and if you have a local JoAnn they should be able to special order it for you.
    Wow, the colors of this fabric are really vibrant and oh, so pretty!

~Shirley

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Shirley and great job getting the fabric! Looking forward to seeing some pics. My own progress BTW is that I've sewn the pairs of the last two strips, just got to make them into the halves. Then I can start the fun part - playing with the layout! BTW your 3.5 yards is plenty - it has a 12" repeat and you'll need 6 so you'll have a yard and a half spare to maybe use in the borders. :-D

Beautiful!

When you think about how these hex's are made, the possibilities are almost endless as to the different ones that can be made, from the same fabric. First, it depends where in the fabric length, the cut repeats are. Second, how much is cut off the end of the strip before cutting triangles. Third, which way the triangles are arranged - with the straight grain on the outside edge or not. Then how they are arranged to make the quilt... I'm anxious to see some more blocks put together! Hurry, hurry!!

This is a question for K3N - I'm about to start an obw, different fabric, tho. I understand about repeats and how much fabric you need depending on the repeats. But if I wanted to make a queen size couldn't I just move my starting point over a couple of inches and then cut a new set of strips and come out with different blocks? I'm not sure if I worded this to make my question clear, but I don't want to have the same block several times and thought this would work. Thanks, Ann

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by annieb
    This is a question for K3N - I'm about to start an obw, different fabric, tho. I understand about repeats and how much fabric you need depending on the repeats. But if I wanted to make a queen size couldn't I just move my starting point over a couple of inches and then cut a new set of strips and come out with different blocks? I'm not sure if I worded this to make my question clear, but I don't want to have the same block several times and thought this would work. Thanks, Ann
    I know what you mean and yes, this is just one possibility for altering the outcome from the same repeat. Another option is to turn the triangles - being equilateral you have 3 options per block. Look out for that bias though, treat them gently. :-D

I sometimes even manipulate the outcome by looking along the strip set for a cut of a definite colour for example. You may waste a bit doing this but sometimes I find it's necessary to get the look I want.

Blog Entries
    Totally Awesome!!!

I have a Hancocks, JoAnn, and Hobby Lobby close by, so I'll look in each store. These little webbed feet shan't rest until I find that marvelous fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by annieb
    Actually you wouldn't need to move over a couple inches. Just cut your strips and instead of starting to cut a triangle right at the left edge, move over even 1/4" and then start cutting your triangles. You will have similar hexs, but they won't be exactly the same.

I love this floral fabric. Great job on all the blocks you have done!

Blog Entries
    The super Joanns I was in today doesn't have the fabric & a clerk says she doesn't remember seeing it.Hope you all have better luck finding it.

I thought I had bought it at Walmart. Went today to both Walmart and JoAnn's and neither had it.

that fabric is stunning and perfect for that porject. Keep it coming ladies.

Blog Entries
    I'll be watching...know the OBWs will be beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE
    I thought I had bought it at Walmart. Went today to both Walmart and JoAnn's and neither had it.

I think someone the other day or week, showed the same fabric....and was going to do OBW....said it came from Joanns....Looks great....have to do one of the sometime

Nice job....way to hard for me to figure out how to this kind up!!

I have been wondering if there is a tip for this design, I love it! I have tried several times but not much luck. I am new to quilting and every time I see one I can't stop thinking about it. I just love them! I can't wait to see the progress

Well joann's is Cupertino doesn't have anymore. Glad I got mine when I did.

One of the board members in my area sold me hers, and then I went to the super Joann's and bought 5 more yards!!! I haven't done one before and wanted to have enough for all the mistakes :lol:

I'm going to try and start mine tomorrow. I bought some inexpensive fabric to test it on before I cut in to the good fabric. Couldn't find anymore today so don't want to mess it up.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast