Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I need help Please

second one for me......much nicer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by snicker dee
    Love the quilt! I like the second arrangement best but I agree with the gal who said the bottom right block seems out of place. I would change that block to one of the white stars. Just MHO

i agree. i love the 2nd one. but i would have to have the corners the same blocks

second

RDM
    Blog Entries
    I agree, I like the 2nd, IMO seems more interesting and draws my eye to view the whole quilt rather than just to the middle.

Amazing to read the comments and suggestions and to see the evolution of possibilities here. It is sure going to be a beautiful quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by matraina
    I love the second one, just can't figure out why the 4th corner is not like the other three and the center block. I think that would add more symmetry.
    I think this person is only referring to the first two pictures--not all the other work you've done.

I'm glad, Verna, that you fixed that one black block. I like the arrangement where you need to make one more lighter star.

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197
    for some reason I am not understanding what you are saying. The blocks in the corners are the same? I keep looking at #2 to see what you guys mean but for the life of me I just don't understand.

Verna
    On your first post of this thread, on picture number 2, the bottom right corner block is not a light star. It has a lot of black in it and thus doesn't look symmetrical.

Blog Entries
    The colors are beautiful, on the second picture it sort of looks like you have some of the blocks misplaced, The center white one looks like it should go on the bottom right,and the blocks with black may form a square in the center of the quilt with the others around the outer edge?

It isn't balanced yet...you have the right idea, but try moving the blocks around some more,
    For instance try for all the same dark color blocks on the four corners and one in the center. Then put the four light blocks in the center of each of the sides...just for one idea.
    um...think of the spots on a playing card as an example of balance or being symetrical. J
    edit add on:
    You are getting the idea! I like the last photos best! My congratulations on very beautiful blocks and color choice!
    I am sure that it will turn out beautifully!

K I see what you mean, going to bed now but will play with it some more tomorrow. I did have the black ones in the corners and middle but I did not have the very lightest ones next to them. Will do tomorrow and post the pic. I sure do appreciate every one giving me such good help and input. I just love this board.

Verna

Blog Entries
    i vote for the second one but check your blocks there a few that need to be moved or turned. imho i feel the center star needs to be at the bottom right and not sure what the center will look like but the left side of the bottom right square may need to b turned and block above bottem left star is missing black on bottom of square if u decide on the first one the bottom middle squar has a pieced turned. i love the colors and you did a fantistic job either way you go. can't wait to c it finished

Blog Entries
    i still like the on point ones but if i had to chose from the latest ones i would go with 2 or 5

I like #2 and make one more white block for the middle of the top. (Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! I didn't even push send?????)

I like #2 and make one more white block for the middle of the top. (The combinations are many, so have fun and good luck.) :o)

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197
    here are more. out of all of the ones I posted there has to be something here that I like. this is just getting to be to frustrating.

Verna
    I don't like 4 or 5 but the rest are great.

Blog Entries
    I love the blocks and colors. If I had to choose it would be the 1st because in the 2nd the black is all together at the bottom and I think it needs to be spread out amonst the other blocks, maybe more on the outside edges with the black blocks? Part of the fun of making a quilt is placing the blocks until you are satisfied with what you have done! LOVE the colors.

Ok here are more pics and this is really the last ones I am going to do. Yeah right, everybody has heard that before. 3 border pics and the last quilt block with the black ones in the corners and middle with the light blocks around the black center. I will still have to make another block no matter which one I chose. This 1 would is missing the gray center block. On the borders I would probably start out small then get bigger.

This is to much work for my brain. GGG :)

3 Borders
    Name:  Attachment-188795.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  39.8 KB

Black Corners & Center with light blocks aroune the center
    Name:  Attachment-188811.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  81.4 KB

1 Borders
    Name:  Attachment-188812.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  34.2 KB

2 Borders
    Name:  Attachment-188813.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  41.5 KB

ns
    I agree with Grambi. I like all the blocks. Nice colors.

I agree with Dotti...I liked the on-point set up, just balancing the symmetry of the layout. And you already went to all the trouble of making those side pieces---good job! :-)

Blog Entries
    We sure have a variety of opinions, don't we? In the end, I hope you will do what pleases YOUR eye the most. Following along with you on this has been an interesting lesson in possibilities. Looking at the photos that you've posted gives better perspective to what can be done.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what YOU decide!

Sue

p.s. I love the wide raspberry border layout the best LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    MUCH better!! The black is set right where it makes the other colors pop! I love it!!

2nd looks good!!

I like the first reminds me of an indian blanket

I love it and the borders getting darker as you got out! Great.

Blog Entries
    I love what you decided on :D:D:D

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast