Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm upset...he didn't like it >

I'm upset...he didn't like it

I'm upset...he didn't like it

Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 PM

It's good to vent.............. sending you a hug.
If you ever get it back..... you could always send it to me.
Just - letting you know I think is is very nice and I would be proud to have it. he may change him mind.......

Don't let this stop you from making other quilts and giving them as gifts because there are lots of people who would be very glad to get a gift like that.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:21 AM
dsj

Originally Posted by taiboo
I know it's not perfect, but I MADE it for him....I didn't even get a thank you :-( he just folded it and put it aside.
Kimberlie, I sooooo hate that for you. You did a great job and your heart was in it and that is what matters more than anything. Are you going to keep the quilt for yourself? if it were me I would gladly take it back and display it proudly for the 4th of July holiday coming up.

There have been other posts on this same subject. It is a hard knock, one that I certainly don't understand. You have lots of shoulders here. We will listen and hopefully help you feel better. You did a good thing, really. He could have been a little more gentle with his reaction and at least said thank you, you deserve that.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:38 PM

OMG it is lovely, and it is SO patriotic! Yer dad needs a smack upside his head (NCIS style!) for even thinking it's less than perfect!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:48 PM

I'm so sorry that he hurt your feelings. I think your wall hanging is patriotic and georgous and would be honored to hang it in my home. Please don't let this discourage you from making gifts for others. We give in love and that's all we can do. I know others will treasure your gifts!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:27 PM

So sorry for the hurt your feeling. Just know that time heals all things. But I agree with the others, go back and get it. You put so much love and energy into it that you should give it to someone that will really love it. Such a beautiful job you've done. Please keep quilting.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM

Go back and get it. it is lovely and very patriotic. job well done.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:31 PM
dsj

Originally Posted by Carol in Colorado
I'm so sorry that he hurt your feelings. I think your wall hanging is patriotic and georgous and would be honored to hang it in my home. Please don't let this discourage you from making gifts for others. We give in love and that's all we can do. I know others will treasure your gifts!!
Absolutely, I never have time to make quilts for myself I hand quilt commissioned pieces so it doesn't leave me time for myself. My sister just started to quilt and she has been so sweet about it, she sent one to me and has two others coming my way, I am so excited. I send her fabric to help contribute but more than anything I am excited that she made them. It does not matter to me what they look like, She is on a tight budget and gets fabric from freecycle, bartering, recycling and her pieces are lovely, they are from her heart and that is all that matters.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:48 AM

I have to say I feel more sorry for your father than you. I cannot imagine being so miserable myself that I would miss an opportunity to show my child how much I loved them - no matter how old they are. The wall hanging is quite nice. I have two active duty military children and consider it plenty patriotic. Be proud you love your father enough to have made the gift and someday tell him how he made you feel.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:56 AM

Your quilt is spectacular! It is so hard when you don't even receive a thank you for such a lovely heart felt gift. I'm sure there are so many people who would love to receive such a wonderful quilt from you.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:02 AM

What a bummer that he was so cranky. It looks very patriotic to me and would have looked beautiful on my wall. I think you did an excellent job by the way. Sometimes older people can be harsh and have no clue that they are being so mean spoken. I get this from my mom all the time. She is 90 and is forever telling me how my body was ruined when I had kids. And she says it infront of everyone like its no big deal. I say, pat yourself on the back it really is a very nice wall hanging.