Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My $20 Rowenta iron

My $20 Rowenta iron

I just happened to see this in a local store. It was not priced. I asked the clerk and she checked on it and told me it was $20.00. So, of course I bought it. I have never had a Rowenta before. I have had other irons which I paid around this price for. They have done the job but I am hoping this one does much better. What do you think? Good Deal??
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know a lot of people do like these, but I have one, and I LOVE it...hope you will too.
    Dyan

I have the same one except I bought mine at Joanns on Black Friday 2012 for $40 ea. so you got an excellent deal! Good iron!

Great deal! My daughter was lucky to get one at a yard sale for 10.00.

Blog Entries
    I have the same one. Love it! Paid $79 in local hardware store when I needed one in a hurry one day. That was a couple years ago and it still works wonderfully.

It's a great deal as long as it doesn't have the auto shut-off feature. I have gotten probably three Rowenta's with the auto shut off and they all haven't worked for long. Search the web about them, they are known for having problems.

Nice! I paid 3-4 times that at LOWES for mine. I love it. I read somewhere, I think here on the QB, not to put water in your iron and it would last longer. Since I was weary of my iron dying I decides to try it. It's been over a year now and my hot baby is still pressing strong!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

ladies and gentleman keeping checking at sams club ,over the years working there i've gotten two different ones the first one i paid $9.00 for , and then later in the years i got the other one for $20.00, they're worth the money , have a great day , p.s. as items are canceled the prices drop quite a bit.. happy sewing .

Blog Entries
    You got a great deal and a good iron!
    Helen T.

Mine was a leaker, but it worked great as a dry iron, which was just fine for my purposes. It lasted for about five years. I dropped it too many times ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Nice iron!

Quote Originally Posted by girlsfour View Post
    It's a great deal as long as it doesn't have the auto shut-off feature. I have gotten probably three Rowenta's with the auto shut off and they all haven't worked for long. Search the web about them, they are known for having problems.
    Mine has auto shut off and I have had it for 7 years now, no problems, got mine from target, don't think they sell my model anymore
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

I have had 2 of them and I loved them. The last one I had I accidently put lemon flavored bottled water in it. Black steam came out of it. Hope I can get it cleaned out.

You got a good deal!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Great deal for sure...I have a Rowenta and it was $99! I have had it for 3 years and I still love it!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    I had mine for years and loved it. but began reading about them catching fire and such. i ignored it. then one day i plugged it into a power cord outside my sewing room where i iron fusible batting. it blew out my power cord. i had to toss the cord and the iron. Never again will i buy Rowenta.
    if you continue to use it, just be careful. never leave it plugged in and beware. why they keep selling them is beyond me.

Nice find!! Rowenta is the only brand I buy........they work great
    Grama Laura

I'm a Rowenta owner for life with one caveat....I never put water in them...I only spray my ironing pieces...for some that defeats the purpose, I know...but Rowentas have a tendency to spit and sputter and leak...sad...so sad...but love them so much I keep buying...and spraying...heehee...enjoy!
    Dejahg
    Co Spgs, CO

I really wish you well with this iron, and hope your experience is better than mine. (And if not, well, it's just an iron, and you got a great deal on it.) I had one for about 6 months, loved it, then it quit working - and I had the most horrible experience with the ONLY Rowenta repair shop on the west coast. Finally got my iron back, and it quit working again just after it went out of warranty. That time I threw it out and vowed never again - no more Rowentas. My iron's problem wasn't with the steam, though I have heard that is the source of most Rowenta problems. If the repair shop hadn't been rude and incompetent, or if Rowenta had at least acknowledged my letter of complaint, then I might have considered getting another one. As it is, I decided to go with another brand.

I've heard that they are made in two different places, Germany and China. The German ones are said to be excellent and the China ones not so much. I'm not sure how much authenticity there is to that but it makes sense to me. That said, I think $20 is a grat price no matter where its made!!
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

WOW did not know all that about these irons. Glad I didn't invest more. Thanks everyone

Blog Entries
    I have the same one and I love it ..much lighter then my old one rowenta my old one was 15 yrs old got my money wroth

Great deal and thank you for sharing
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by girlsfour View Post
    Search the web about them, they are known for having problems.
    I NEVER leave my Rowenta plugged in when I'm not in the room. But I do like my Rowenta.

I have a Rowenta I have had for about 10 years and it has been a great iron. It has auto shut off, sometimes it shuts off too soon. The only time it sputters is when I add water AFTER it is hot, so try not to do that any more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast