Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Bailey's 17 Home Quilter - Almost finished!! >

My Bailey's 17 Home Quilter - Almost finished!!

My Bailey's 17 Home Quilter - Almost finished!!

Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 AM

Awesome! You are going to have so much fun!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:09 AM

and is that a Singer Futura embroidery machine I see?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
and is that a Singer Futura embroidery machine I see?
It is. It's the 250. I like it. I've read the threads where a couple of women have had trouble with their machines but I have never really had any trouble with mine. I like Singer machines and have had 3 over the years.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 AM

Oh you will be havng fun soon!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:22 AM

so Kristen, how's the bird nests? problem solved I hope.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:35 AM

so Kristen, how's the bird nests? problem solved I hope.
Sadly, no. And I am frustrated beyond words...so I have taken a break since yesterday afternoon. The needle is totally stuck in the downward position I think it's slightly bent but I can't use the hand wheel to roll it up its just stuck. I think I might take it down to a sewing machine repair place this afternoon to see if they can help me...
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Kristen, loosen the screw that holds the needle in, gently wiggle the hand wheel back and forth a bit then you should be able to turn it freely
Old 09-03-2010, 09:38 AM

Is this with the futura machine? Is there a bird's nest underneath and the needle is stuck? I also have a Singer Ce250 and just love it. I have had mine over three years now. I mostly do embroidery with mine. I use another singer machine I have for regular sewing. Anyway, Once I had a birds nest underneath and my needle broke. Could not move the wheel, could not get the hoop off. Sooooo I got a sharp knife with a seraded edge and slid it up underneath the hoop and carefully sawed thru the bird nest and everything broke loose. I was even able to pull out several threads and back up the design a little and finish the design. Not sure what your situation is but thought maybe this info may help. There is a yahoo group on the internet for futura that is really great for troubleshooting and learning alot about embroidery with these machines. Let me know if you want the link. By the way, I love your new long arm.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Kristen, loosen the screw that holds the needle in, gently wiggle the hand wheel back and forth a bit then you should be able to turn it freely
I tried :-( Nothing worked. I lugged it into the truck this morning and took it down to the sewing repair shop. I didn't want to chance breaking anything trying to get that needle out. AND it was STUCK STUCK STUCK. Hopefully they can get it out and up and running for me...and not cost me an arm and a leg.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Corry
Is this with the futura machine? Is there a bird's nest underneath and the needle is stuck? I also have a Singer Ce250 and just love it. I have had mine over three years now. I mostly do embroidery with mine. I use another singer machine I have for regular sewing. Anyway, Once I had a birds nest underneath and my needle broke. Could not move the wheel, could not get the hoop off. Sooooo I got a sharp knife with a seraded edge and slid it up underneath the hoop and carefully sawed thru the bird nest and everything broke loose. I was even able to pull out several threads and back up the design a little and finish the design. Not sure what your situation is but thought maybe this info may help. There is a yahoo group on the internet for futura that is really great for troubleshooting and learning alot about embroidery with these machines. Let me know if you want the link. By the way, I love your new long arm.
WOW! I am amazed that you did that. My troubles are with the Bailey's long arm. I love my Futura 250 CE I've only had it since last Christmas. I did get a birds nest one time and just threw it the t-shirt away. I will have to try and figure it out now that I've heard you can do that.