Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Festival of Quilts experience >

My Festival of Quilts experience

My Festival of Quilts experience

Old 08-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Your description of the show was very nice. I love your admission about the "cover up". That is the way creativity works sometimes! I took a little class on fabric dying and it is so rewarding to see the colors come alive on the fabric.....and then to use them to design a quilt. Have fun.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:13 PM

Those quilts are gorgeous.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Your quilt looks so great hanging in the show
Old 08-15-2011, 07:48 PM

Thanks so much for sharing!!

so many wonderful quilts ... so little time!! So many quilts I want to ask "how did they do that"? The Rhino is one example. Was that pieced or painted? There seemed to be a lot of new techniques displayed. LOVED the African sunset quilt - I'm guessing that was all pieced .. amazing.

your quilts are still exquisite and they were in good company.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM
np3
Power Poster

Can't believe you didn't win!!!! Glad you had fun!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 PM

wow, what a gallery of quilts. So many different techniques and colours. I would have trouble picking a winner---they all are.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
HI i was a steward at Birmingham (or a quilting angel) and I spent a lot of my time showing the back of your quilt so people could see the fabric before it was deconstructed. They loved the quilt.
Your other quilts were popular as well and people loved the colours.
I go every year and work as a steward for a few days and the more times you walk around the show the more quilts appear.I'm sure they multiply at night.
Did you see those fab men quilting forgot what they were called.Was it Moroccon street quilkters with those beautiful quilts which were for sale. One man was hand couching and it was so perfect eben with a groud of women watching.
I ALSO ENJOYED THE aMERICAN qUILT mUSEUM and there quilts.
So much to see each year and getting bigger.
Thank you for that about ppl looking at my quilt - I hovered once or twice when I passed and ppl were looking to hear what they were saying. Luckily I only heard nice comments! One lady was taking a photo of Clarice and my DH said to me, 'go and stand next to it' and she turned and said 'did you make that?' So I was talking to her about it and she took my picture standing with it. :oops: :lol: I had a chat with a few of the stewards when I asked to see the backs of various pieces and they were all so friendly and helpful, shame I missed you!

I missed the men sewing the applique - I don't know how! DH planned our two days like a military operation, up one aisle, down the other, and things kept catching my eye so I'd wander off route and he'd make me come back and stick to the plan! :lol:

The American Museum was beautiful - I'm going there in a couple of weeks to a textile and costume exhibition. :-D
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Thanks so much for sharing!!

so many wonderful quilts ... so little time!! So many quilts I want to ask "how did they do that"? The Rhino is one example. Was that pieced or painted? There seemed to be a lot of new techniques displayed. LOVED the African sunset quilt - I'm guessing that was all pieced .. amazing.

your quilts are still exquisite and they were in good company.
The rhino was one of my favourites too - in real life he was just stunning! He was pieced, appliqued and painted with Shivastiks I think - he was a late entry so doesn't have a descriptive in the catalogue.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:11 AM

Your quilt is stunning. DEB
Old 08-16-2011, 04:20 AM

WHEW!!! What a show! I am amazed at the detail of the quilts. Incredible. Thanks for the pics and the close-ups. The quilts alone are stunning, but when you add the detail, they are mind blowing! I wonder if I will ever have the patience to create something so beautiful?

I love your quilts! Gorgeous!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: