Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This is my motivation to finish >

This is my motivation to finish

This is my motivation to finish

Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I love all the color in it. If you are tired of the piecing, have you considered putting solid strips between the ones you have finished? Just a thought...it would be quicker to finish that way... ;-)
Ditter
Great idea Ditter, plus, then you don't have to match seams!! Win/Win!! And the book I have on French Braids shows all of them with "separator bands". See, there's even a term for them, so it's legit to use them!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:14 AM

I think its great and would love to see the finished project. Scrappy quilts are my favorites.

I am doing a scrappy strippy quilt using 1.5" finished squares...kind of a postage stamp style done by joining together rows of squares. I had about half the strips done when I lost interest. I put it aside for a week but then I took it out and did a row or part of a row each day before I worked on other projects. I'm still not finished but I feel like I'm making progress. Hope this idea helps you.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 AM

You have to keep going! It is too beaultiful not to finish.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by amma
It is too pretty to not finish!!! Go K!!! Go K!!! :D:D:D
I agree, you have come to far not to finish, good job!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:29 AM

I'm working on a TWO braid quilts right now. When finished the overall width will be a little larger than yours but the height will be about 6 feet. We can challenge each other to work on it DAILY for at least 1 hour. I can do it - can you? (wink wink)

I think it looks beautiful and agree with OMAH that when you MAKE yourself do something for 15 minutes it carries over into 30 or 60 minutes without you even realizing it!

Like GAL suggested MAKE yourself work on it for a little while before doing something else. Sometimes we have to PARENT OURSELVES!

I'll throw in that maybe you NEED to work on something else while working on this too...just to break up the boredom of doing the same thing over and over and over . . .
Do you have any other project IN PROGRESS NOW that you can work on? Some paperpiecing or hand sewing?

Good luck - you can do it (and so can I) - wanna bet?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:11 AM

Oh My, you have it licked, don't quit now. It is gorgeous, great job.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I love all the color in it. If you are tired of the piecing, have you considered putting solid strips between the ones you have finished? Just a thought...it would be quicker to finish that way... ;-)

Ditter
Yeah, that might be a great idea! You could consider it if you are truly tired of piecing. Oh wait... I am supposed to be encouraging you. YOU GO GIRL! Seriously, it looks fantastic!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 AM

I simply love this quilt the bold bright beautiful colours go so well with each other, keep going its going to be wonderful when finished
Old 05-10-2010, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
I'm working on a TWO braid quilts right now. When finished the overall width will be a little larger than yours but the height will be about 6 feet. We can challenge each other to work on it DAILY for at least 1 hour. I can do it - can you? (wink wink)

I think it looks beautiful and agree with OMAH that when you MAKE yourself do something for 15 minutes it carries over into 30 or 60 minutes without you even realizing it!

Like GAL suggested MAKE yourself work on it for a little while before doing something else. Sometimes we have to PARENT OURSELVES!

I'll throw in that maybe you NEED to work on something else while working on this too...just to break up the boredom of doing the same thing over and over and over . . .
Do you have any other project IN PROGRESS NOW that you can work on? Some paperpiecing or hand sewing?

Good luck - you can do it (and so can I) - wanna bet?
Oh yeah I have a wedding dress down there that I am avoiding too. and curtains that I am avoiding and about 5 other quilts that I have told myself I will not work on until I finish something else first. I am so screwed up it is ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:39 AM

It is beautiful. Takes a lot of patience but it will be so nice when done.