Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
my sewing room apt style...flooded >

my sewing room apt style...flooded

my sewing room apt style...flooded

Old 08-27-2009, 07:08 AM

Dear God - just read this! I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted. What a nightmare.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:09 AM

Let me know what quilting books you had and need, or want to replace and I will look thru my stash and send you some! I can't do anything about the machine but books and magazines I do have. :D
Old 08-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Oh my word! i'm glad she has insurance and you will be too.
long ago i had teenagers living above me and they would leave the water on in the tub. had water coming down inside the light fixtures -with a two year old in the apartment. scary to me.
wish we could be there to help you clean up hon.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:05 AM

quiltnut4ever

I feel your lost. We are all quilters together and whenever one of us suffers a loss we all feel it. Praying for swift action by the insurance company so you can get your business back together as soon as possible. God bless.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 AM

I can sympathize. A pipe broke in our upstairs bathroom once and flooded the downstairs. Weirdest thing. I came home after being gone all day and heard water running. I went downstairs to investigate and when I stepped off the bottom step I stepped into water that was ankle deep. It was as if it was raining inside. What a mess. It took months before we were able to get back to normal.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:49 AM

So, so sorry to hear of this disruption in your life. Praying good things will come from it, somehow. Hang in there, and hugs to you.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:16 AM

What a horrible shame. It's bad enough to have something like that happen to your things when it is in your own home, but to have it happen because of someone elses carelessness. That is just not right. :evil: Renters insurance is a great idea, when we rented we always had it, thankfully never needed it......but it was there just in case.

Hope you are up and running (sewing) again real soon. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM

I had that happen to me 6 years ago in my basement. We had 5" of rain in an hour and drains backed up. I had 3 feet of water in my basement. I lost ALOT of things. And my home owners insurance didnt cover anything because we didnt have flood insurance.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 PM

OMG!!! I am so sorry!!! I also know what it means to loose your stuff from water damage. Mine wasn't a neighbor but much worse. In Florida also Hurricane Jeanne, managed to take my homes roof off. Destroyed a lot,but was able to safe a lot too. Material can be washed and it will be fine as long as it is washed and dryed before it mildews. Books??? I was able to dry some out before pages stuck together. Others not so had to throw them out. Lost pictures of quilts before I could burn them on CD. My Machine I took it with me when I run from the Hurricane. I pray that your machine will be fine. Good Luck
BillsBonBon
Old 08-27-2009, 05:21 PM

I too am sorry for your loss. I'm hoping insurance will cover most of it. Such generous offers from our board too. All is never lost. Best of luck to you.