Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My sewing room never looked better, come see >

My sewing room never looked better, come see

My sewing room never looked better, come see

Old 02-18-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by craftiladi
Janet as my twin separated at birth I keep coming back and admiring your sewing rm and I can't say enough...you did good!
Love the bookcases and you have given me a idea where I can add at least one bookcase-in this pic where the lil tv is in the far corner it has been nagging at me that I have wasted space and since recently putting my craft books in the closet I haven't liked the set up...wala you solved my problem...I am going to add a tall bk case...thanks so much, love the inspiration you have given me. After I find the bk case I will post another pic of the corner redo but just wanted you to know you have helped me find yet another way to add MORE..lol

Oh another great idea I hadn't thought of a corner book shelf....great idea...I am a frugal bargain shopper so I will have to keep my eyes open for a corner one but I am betting that is going to be even harder to find.
hanks again ladies for all your great ideas.
dee

ok just noticed this pic does show a short book case-old pic-I gave away that small bk case to a friend that really needed it-then I was sorry I did but now I have a great excuse to get a taller one ..lol
I see you have the solution ... before I read your post, I spotted that television and thought: I need to tell more people about corner cabinets! My folks did our tele on a corner shelf, so they could get to the wood box through the wall under it. I have my tele on top of two tall file cabinets (four drawer file cabinets) I put a piece of plywood across in order to support the weight, but eight twenty four inch deep drawers are pretty handy <g> You are going to have so much fun! <wave>
Old 02-18-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by ConnieF
Hi Janet , very nice my dream HAHAHAH I will never get to...

What machine do you have the SE? I love my Vikings. Have a Viking for over 20 years.

We had a lady as our speaker at a meeting a couple of months ago ad she uses the 8.5 x 24 in ruller and folds fabric on it then pills it out and folds in half and is then put on shelfs in colors.. I am starting to do that.... I was already using card boards from flat folds but I like the more narrow look. Also TIP when you want something half way down or so just slide th ruler in just above the one you want out and the next one will slide right out. Works so slick.... Have many happy sewing days and nightts LOL.

ConnieF
I just recently saw the ruler method of folding fabric and I agree that it is ingenious. Some of the quilters on this board have expansive stashes all stacked on bookshelves and this method would keep everything consistant in size. I also like your tip about removing one piece of fabric without disturbing the entire stack. i love all the ideas shared on this board.

Yes, I have the Designer SE and absolutely love it. I started with the #1+ but upgraded a couple of years ago so I would have larger hoop options. Have you seen the new dual feed walking foot? It is a walking foot that allows you to go forwards or BACKWARDS which means you can use your decorative stitches on a quilt sandwich and still have the benefit of the walking foot keeping everthing moving together.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM

Great job!

and I see that you DO live in CA too, wanna come and help me with mine?

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM

wow nice very nice :mrgreen: one day i,ll have a whole room to my self and call it my sewing room
Old 02-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Ca too
Old 02-18-2010, 04:40 PM

I live in the San Diego area. How 'bout you?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Ugg, I live in Central, Fresno
Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Hmmm guessing I'm about 2 hrs away, in the high desert...Adelanto.

My daughter works for city of Chula Vista, I think she's coming for a visit this weekend, you could hitch a ride, :lol:

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 02-19-2010, 01:30 PM

OOO wouldn't that be fun. Oh well maybe someday can get in your area.

Rita
Old 02-21-2010, 01:25 PM

wonderful, nice and clean place to quilt