Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My sewing room never looked better, come see >

My sewing room never looked better, come see

My sewing room never looked better, come see

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Oh, I am impressed! My goals for this year are to clean my studio (it has been a junk room, storage room, homeschool room) and lose weight. I will post before and after photos of my room when done. I have named it "Crap-elot". Can't wait for it to become my "Camelot"!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Wow that looks fantastic! And if that's your guest room, I wouldn't mind coming to stay! :-D
I was thinking the same thing. Looks great.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Oh, I am impressed! My goals for this year are to clean my studio (it has been a junk room, storage room, homeschool room) and lose weight. I will post before and after photos of my room when done. I have named it "Crap-elot". Can't wait for it to become my "Camelot"!
When my sewing room gets trashed when I am sewing I would like to use your term Crap-elot. That says it all :lol:
Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM

Your room is absolutely beautiful. It is an inspiration. Do you rent yourself out? I have a guest room you could stay in while we work on the sewing room and Michigan is JUST beautiful (not really) at this time of year. I MUST get going and get mine done because the kittens start being born the beginning of March and I'm going to need my "baby" room, i.e., the guest room for the litters I foster. I guess I will have to use your pictures and all the other wonderful ones for inspiration. That table looks like the best I've seen. Thanks for all the information.
Wendy
Old 02-17-2010, 11:08 AM

Janet as my twin separated at birth I keep coming back and admiring your sewing rm and I can't say enough...you did good!
Love the bookcases and you have given me a idea where I can add at least one bookcase-in this pic where the lil tv is in the far corner it has been nagging at me that I have wasted space and since recently putting my craft books in the closet I haven't liked the set up...wala you solved my problem...I am going to add a tall bk case...thanks so much, love the inspiration you have given me. After I find the bk case I will post another pic of the corner redo but just wanted you to know you have helped me find yet another way to add MORE..lol

ok just noticed this pic does show a short book case-old pic-I gave away that small bk case to a friend that really needed it-then I was sorry I did but now I have a great excuse to get a taller one ..lol
Attached Thumbnails attachment-10997.jpe  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Janet as my twin separated at birth I keep coming back and admiring your sewing rm and I can't say enough...you did good!
Love the bookcases and you have given me a idea where I can add at least one bookcase-in this pic where the lil tv is in the far corner it has been nagging at me that I have wasted space and since recently putting my craft books in the closet I haven't liked the set up...wala you solved my problem...I am going to add a tall bk case...thanks so much, love the inspiration you have given me. After I find the bk case I will post another pic of the corner redo but just wanted you to know you have helped me find yet another way to add MORE..lol

ok just noticed this pic does show a short book case-old pic-I gave away that small bk case to a friend that really needed it-then I was sorry I did but now I have a great excuse to get a taller one ..lol
I see you have the solution ... before I read your post, I spotted that television and thought: I need to tell more people about corner cabinets! My folks did our tele on a corner shelf, so they could get to the wood box through the wall under it. I have my tele on top of two tall file cabinets (four drawer file cabinets) I put a piece of plywood across in order to support the weight, but eight twenty four inch deep drawers are pretty handy <g> You are going to have so much fun! <wave>
Old 02-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Hi Craftiladi...how sweet of you to say I inspired a solution for your sewing room. I really like your sewing room. You have a great window and it looks like you get alot of natural light in there. My window faces north so the light isn't all that good.

I'm anxious to see your room once you get your bookcase.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Your room is absolutely beautiful. It is an inspiration. Do you rent yourself out? I have a guest room you could stay in while we work on the sewing room and Michigan is JUST beautiful (not really) at this time of year. I MUST get going and get mine done because the kittens start being born the beginning of March and I'm going to need my "baby" room, i.e., the guest room for the litters I foster. I guess I will have to use your pictures and all the other wonderful ones for inspiration. That table looks like the best I've seen. Thanks for all the information.
Wendy
Trying to pull a fast one on me huh? I was born in Chicago and spent my first 12 years there so I have a good idea of what your neighborhood looks like right about now

:lol: :lol:

Will you post pics of your "babies" when they arrive. I know all the cat lovers here would like to see them!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 AM

Hi Janet , very nice my dream HAHAHAH I will never get to...

What machine do you have the SE? I love my Vikings. Have a Viking for over 20 years.

We had a lady as our speaker at a meeting a couple of months ago ad she uses the 8.5 x 24 in ruller and folds fabric on it then pills it out and folds in half and is then put on shelfs in colors.. I am starting to do that.... I was already using card boards from flat folds but I like the more narrow look. Also TIP when you want something half way down or so just slide th ruler in just above the one you want out and the next one will slide right out. Works so slick.... Have many happy sewing days and nightts LOL.

ConnieF
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 AM

Ok I am back.... had to look again.... wow I got to get busy,
Just wish I had a room that big.... Will see waht I can do.
Thanks for the mootaavationnnnn.
ConnieF