Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Heh, MaryAnna,
    If I knew there was enough interest - I would so orgainze a retreat....SERIOUSLY!!!! What a blast we would have - a Montreal tour, visit the Quilt shops.....etc....let's not forget the quilt sessions, sewing and all that fun stuff........Who wants to come?????? :-)
    ME! ME! ME! Since so much of my genealogy leads back to Montreal (I even have a photo of the altar of Notre Dame on my wall) I've been dying to get there!!

Here's a fun fact (at least for me): I am a direct descendant of the first Irishman in Quebec!

Heh, MaryAnna,
    If I knew there was enough interest - I would so orgainze a retreat....SERIOUSLY!!!! What a blast we would have - a Montreal tour, visit the Quilt shops.....etc....let's not forget the quilt sessions, sewing and all that fun stuff........Who wants to come?????? :-)
    I have already said that I am in....Seriously, I think it would be a blast too...I am just waiting for all the details to start booking and planning on my end.

Blog Entries
    I also said it before.
    IŽll be in Houston for the Festival in Nov.,
    wouldn't it be wonderful to visit Montreal ? :D
    Not exactly around the corner thou ... :shock:

:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Heh, MaryAnna,
    OMG, I would love to come. Do you know how long it takes you to drive to Boston, MA or Keene, NH? I could guage a driving time based on those locations. I would prefer to drive so I can bring my machine and tools. Do you need a passport to go from the USA to Canada? If yes, I would have to get one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ligia
    I also said it before.

hehe, not exactly around the corner! :lol:

Heh, MaryAnna,
    I'm in! I've always wanted to visit Montreal and other parts of Canada! I've been in love with Canada from afar. Try to plan a shorter version of the trips advertised in the quilt magazines, most of those are 7 days or more. I can do 4 days, perferrably over a weekend. Friday through Monday or something like that. Most of the tours I've seen advertised offer a tour of the country with a slant on quilting & fabrics. Maybe 1 small quilt class with an inspirational speaker, etc. a tour of the quilt shops, tour of Montreal, any museum's that feature historical textiles/quilts, etc. Do some 'rough' planning and let us know. If there's a group of us, we might be able to get reduced hotel prices, etc.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ligia
    I also said it before.

Uh, Ligia, Houston is almost as far from Montreal as Los Angeles is from Hawaii.

Banned
    thats gonna be so pretty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai

Uh, Ligia, Houston is almost as far from Montreal as Los Angeles is from Hawaii.
    Sure, Houston is midway from here to Montreal !
    Living south as I am anywhere is far away .. ;-)

I think passports are needed to go from US to Canada, so I'd best get on the stick. It sounds like fun! Now to see how that fits in the schedule...

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    I think passports are needed to go from US to Canada, so I'd best get on the stick. It sounds like fun! Now to see how that fits in the schedule...
    Yes, you need a passport to get into and out of Canada.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    That means I have to get my picture taken. Yikes, I should probably lose some weight first! :shock:

Well its been a very tough week around my house, its a very long and complicated story, and since this forum is a bit of an escape for me, I will spare you all the sordid details, while I live in denial for a short time. Having said that, I know I built up some curiosity regarding my blocks and although I have only two blocks done, I will do my reveal now!
    The first block is terrible and will be redone...I have all the fabric cut and ready to go including the replacement block for the first one, but I really fell in love with the polka dot background and think it will be really fun for the rest of the blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

daisyboo9,
    that's adorable - I love that polka dot fabric....SUPER!!! Thanks for sharing...I hope your weekend will be better than your week....

Passports....
    Yes, you need one to get into Canada...and the U.S. requires one for crossing from Canada into the U.S.....but, no matter how you prepare for the photograph, there is nothing more homely than a passport photo..... :-)

Daisyboo9,
    We all have our trials & tribulations, hang in there girl! Yes, this forum and quilting are a way to reach out and find our 'creative peace'. I love the polka dot fabric! your blocks look great!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

....but, no matter how you prepare for the photograph, there is nothing more homely than a passport photo..... :-)
    How true!!! :lol:

Daisyboo9, I love your polkadot background! I have been looking for something other than a cream, also. Love your solution! :thumbup:

You are coming along just fine!I had printed the instructions out before (along with all the others from BlockCentralm put them someplace and can't find them now!) - so I printed out again, Yours look so crisp and trimmed - good job!

SURPRISE!!!!!! The March row of "SHAMROCKS" has been listing a bit early - here's the link....

http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/R...w3Shamrock.pdf

Everyone, time to start printing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Bill

Blog Entries
    Oh pooey, I don't even have Jan and Feb done yet. :(

I'm going to print the new stuff anyway. DH will be out for a while tomorrow afternoon, let's see what I get done. I already have all the fabrics, just need to DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Oh pooey, I don't even have Jan and Feb done yet. :(

I'm going to print the new stuff anyway. DH will be out for a while tomorrow afternoon, let's see what I get done. I already have all the fabrics, just need to DO IT!
    Yes, it did sneak up on us! I know how you feel as I still haven't done February yet! Have no fear, you'll get it done! And March looks fairly easy.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Thank you my dear. What's sad to me is that I have everything I need to do this, just haven't actually done it yet. I'm so looking forward to getting a good night's sleep and starting on this tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Thank you my dear. What's sad to me is that I have everything I need to do this, just haven't actually done it yet. I'm so looking forward to getting a good night's sleep and starting on this tomorrow!
    tomorrow is another day! catch some zzzz's and you'll be Wonder Woman tomorrow and knock out all 3 rows! I'm optimistic!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Yes, everying will be doing Snowflakes, Hearts and Shamrocks tomorrow.....we all have time - there's no limit - please don't anyone get discouraged....we can all catch up....
    HUGS, HUGS, HUGS....

Just finished Snowflakes,turned out fine.You all have to take my word for it cause I am not able to post pics.My reds are hiding somewhere so I cant cut-um.Just printed March,love the Shamrock................neoma

Thanks for posting the March block link. This is going to be the cutest quilt -- everyone's rows look so good!!

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast