Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts.... >

Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

Old 12-04-2010, 03:59 PM

well if you don't give them they are going to be sitting in your garage so I say you have your white elephant! They are all very cute by the way. Don't let it bug you. They are gifts from the heart and anyone with any sense would love all the trouble you went through.
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-04-2010, 04:06 PM

i'd give the gifts anyway. you've worked hard on them and the love put into them shows in the pictures. I'd for sure see to it the kids get there's.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:40 PM

The children will be more than happy to have the gifts you have made whether there is an exchange or not. I would take my white elephant, have a blast, and still give my children and grandchildren the gifts you have so lovingly made. The choice of a white elephant is no reflection on you, merely an indication that others feel overwhelmed at the thought and expense of a commercial Christmas. Merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Give them all the lovelies you have made this year but tell them NEXT year you are going to go to the mall and get an angel (or several) off the tree (or what ever is in your area!) and make or buy for people MUCH less fortunate and MORE appreciative. Forget the white elephant thing. I don't want their garage junk anyway!!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:07 PM

My DIL said she didn't want to exchange gifts at Christmas, so I gave her all the stuff I had accumulated for her and gave them to her at Thanksgiving. She smiled and said, "Oh, Thanksgiving gifts!" :-)

I agree with everyone! If your SIL doesn't want to give gifts, fine. But that doesn't mean that you can't have the joy of giving!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:10 PM

explain that you throw your junk away and give gifts from your heart. if they want your junk next year, you'll be happy to save it until then. this year they're getting real gifts that express love instead of housecleaning.

what a lazy, inconsiderate bunch of people.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 PM

I would go ahead with the original plan. Last minute changes are so unfair to people like you who make such an effort to make unique gifts.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 PM

I would also give the gifts... you are only responsible for giving the gift not responsible for their reactions... And, I also don't like the white elephant idea for family members... our family used to bring a gift if you show up.. women.. women gift men, men gifts... we had more fun with that. But give the gifts.. you had this planned long ago and tell them that. Next year i probably wouldn't do anything... unless your heart tells you to..not because you have to.
Judy
Old 12-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Either give everyone their gift for Christmas or their birthdays and take a elephant gift for games. Perhaps the birthday might be better and not make anyone annoyed. Rememberr the reason for the season.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:30 PM

I agree. I have to say.....I have NEVER heard of such a thing as exchanging things from the garage. Sorry if I offend but....this is rediculous. Xmas is a time for love and family.
Originally Posted by amma
I would go ahead and give the gifts as planned.
Find a white elephant gift and join in on the fun.
Maybe hand them the gifts as you are all leaving, and wish them a heartfelt Merry Christmas. Don't let their inconsideration bother you, or your Christmas spirit :wink: :D:D:D