Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
One block, on point, finished >

One block, on point, finished

One block, on point, finished

Old 03-12-2019, 11:55 AM

It's a gorgeous quilt and yes I have the same problem. as you. I've not cut into a LOT of what I have and love but I'm almost as old as you and I hope to live long enough to put a dent in some of what I have. But gee, what to DO with all those finished quilts!
Old 03-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

beautiful...
Old 03-12-2019, 05:03 PM

I think brown makes a very rich, striking quilt. Love the colors. I have more fabric than I have days left but I'm going to give it a run for it's money to get everything made into a quilt. Saturday a neighbor is selling his wife's quilts. She had quilts made from her mother and grandmother. They are genuine 20s/30s fabric. Beautifully quilted and pieced by hand. The daughter just isn't interested in quilts which is a shame to have family heirlooms not appreciated. I figure if the kids don't want mine, that's okay. I get a lot of enjoyment in the adventure.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:29 PM

Isn't it great when you find the perfect spot to use a cherished fabric? It was just meant to be! Well done.

Daffy
Old 03-13-2019, 12:06 AM
Power Poster

Ditto to what has been said. Your quilt is beautiful. I love it. I have too many pieces of fabric that I love. I am older than you so I guess I had better get on the ball. I have not purchased any fabric for myself in about two years and I still have a ton. I have started giving a lot to a friend that sews. But, now she said, she has too much. BrendaK
Old 03-13-2019, 02:18 AM

All the quilts????????? I don' t know. I bought a glass display case, but that is filling up. Once in a while I sell a few. I guess I could open an etsy page?? Have a craft booth at a crafter's fair?? Marcia
Old 03-13-2019, 02:20 AM

Now girls don't throw the towel in just yet. I am 92 and trying to finish up some quilt tops before I GO! I too am worried as to what will become of all my quilting "stuff". No one in my family quilts or sews. Your quilt is beautiful. Keep on sewing!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:34 AM

It’s a gorgeous quilt you’e made! Warm and classic. Pretty soon you’ll forget all about it staring at you from the closet because it’ll be smiling at you on the bed.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:39 AM

Atta girl, Nanjun!! Keep on, Keep on. You are an inspiration to us all.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:16 AM

Your quilt is beautiful and showcases your cherished fabric more beautifully than the closet shelf! I also share your story. I have two groups of cherished fabrics that need to be cut and sewed-but daily life seems to get in the way. I suffer from 'energy deficit disorder'. I start the day at 4 am in great fashion-but lose the mojo much too early and just spin my wheels. I wish I could do better because I want to leave quilts instead of fabric scraps to be given away. Use your wonderful fabric and be happy.