Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pansy Kaleidoscopes >

Pansy Kaleidoscopes

Pansy Kaleidoscopes

Old 04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Thank you all for the nice compliments. I think making the kaleidoscopes are quick and easy. They make a nice change from piecing my "Blocks"

Old 04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Mommabogue I am glad you got it to print off. Now enjoy the process don't stress over it -- it is supposed to be fun!! Have any questions just ask!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:58 PM

Absolutely Beautiful!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM

Just beautiful! Great job.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:07 AM

Very very cool!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

eww, really loving these!!! I am a floral lover, and they are awesome.
Here I go again, if I can find the right print...eventually! (tongue hanging out)...what you do with mini's is so awesome, if you ever do decide, to go "bigger", I do think your stuff, could be in shows...your mini's certainly could...have you ever entered anything? I would have seriously patented those, mom is right. I believe in sharing and caring, but you have a very large family that could benefit from the proceeds that protection could provide. I really believe in your stuff, Rhonda. Think of your little ones futures. You have something special going on! :wink:
Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
eww, really loving these!!! I am a floral lover, and they are awesome.
Here I go again, if I can find the right print...eventually! (tongue hanging out)...what you do with mini's is so awesome, if you ever do decide, to go "bigger", I do think your stuff, could be in shows...your mini's certainly could...have you ever entered anything? I would have seriously patented those, mom is right. I believe in sharing and caring, but you have a very large family that could benefit from the proceeds that protection could provide. I really believe in your stuff, Rhonda. Think of your little ones futures. You have something special going on! :wink:
Thanks Quiltncrazy I appreciate the thought and the compliments! I have only showed some stuff at a little quilt show here in our one horse town at Old Settlers in the fall.
I really really!!! don't have time to enter in any shows.

As far as the money goes I depend on the Lord for my future (Iknow to some that sounds hokey!) and I have never been without and my kids know how I feel and for the most part agree with me. I feel more strongly about sharing the talents that God gave me and that means I am good with kids(used to have my own daycare) and so I spend time with my gkids and I quilt. I feel God will provide my money needs in his own way without my going looking for it.

Enough soap box theme right?? Basically I am an impatient person and didn't want to go through the process!!! Tho as I do the classes and write for these tutorials and an EBook the people who are doing the tech side are protecting what they present to people of my work with a copyright.

But I get so aggravated when I find something I like and I can't use it because I sell what I make. So I do not want to stop anyone from using what I am offering!! I feel I have a responsibility to share what God gave me!! And I get a real big kick out of people liking what I do and seeing people get excited about being able to do it for themselves!! It's an ego thing!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Makes me feel so good!! when people want to learn what I have to offer!! I wanted to teach kids (and did tutor kids)when I was in highschool. So here I am teaching "Big" kids!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

How big do you make your Kaleidoscope blocks?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by littlehud
How big do you make your Kaleidoscope blocks?

I make mine 8 1/2" unfinished just the Kaleidoscope. I don't do big quilts tho I have made them into hot pads and the small ones are 4" and I make them into coasters or keychains. I am adding one to the front of a canvas tote I bought at Hobby Lobby.

I do my own templates to suit myself but you can use a dresden plate pattern to make them just make sure you use a clear plastic for the template so you can see the fabric thru the template and trace the features of the fabric so you can move it to the next repeat.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Those are beautiful. Isn't it amazing how different the same pattern looks when you cut it differently.