Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

dojo36 03-27-2010 07:04 PM

I feel the same way. When the end of the year gets here and we all find out who our angels are, i want to make something special to send to mine, i already have something in mind. it's been very exciting giving and receiving. i just wish my angelee was better and not having so many problems so she could enjoy all this more. so everybody have a very Happy Easter, and let's all just remember the reason for this holiday.
God Bless
Donna

STAR 03-27-2010 09:17 PM

I love that when I leave the house I can hear my little windchime ringing, I hung it up on the garage, there is a small hook, I think for a plant. But my chime fits just right!

kwhite 03-28-2010 07:42 AM

Ok ladies. I need your advice. I know some of you have set up a way to chat back and forth betweent Angel and Angelee without letting the Angelee know who the Angel is. Can you explain how you did this (without my involvement. Thank you) so that others can do so as well?

Barbm 03-28-2010 09:21 AM

my crazy SQA set up a yahoo account- using secret quilt angel in the name. First email I got- I was SURPRISED! and shocked and scared. She/he probably got my email addy from the mass email you sent out asking we had contact from our angels. After a moment of "stalker" crossed my mind, I realized I just had a internet savvy angel.

I have a smart angel. Now I get frequent emails to say hi and how is my day going. Always brings a smile. We are playing a game to see if 1) she/he can keep their identity a secret and 2) I try to ask questions to figure out my SQA. I hate having secrets kept from me. I am losing this game terribly.

Love my SQA!

KGoodhand 03-28-2010 09:47 AM

I wanted to let me SQA know that I have not forgotten about Easter, I am planning on sending something out on Monday or Tuesday! So I am sorry that you may get it late!! Oh well, it is the thought that counts right?!?! You are in my thoughts lots!!

karielt 03-28-2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing

Originally Posted by karielt
In the mist of darken days
An angel seems to fine her way
To bring the warmth of giving light
To make the day a sunny bright
So angel friend, and gift divine
Bless you for touching a soul like mine

Thank you Ethel my Angel

What a nice poem, and it fits our angel swap so perfectly. Did you find it or are you a creative soul? You are getting quite a collection of blocks!

I made it up Ethel has some great poetry too.

wichypoo 03-28-2010 10:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello to all, been laid up had cancel out at the "quilt-in" I had been looking forward to. but My Angel must have known I was needing a cheer-up. Last week she sent me the Moda charm pack, very,very nice. Then this week I recieved an Easter basket, first one since I was 10. So thank you so very much for all the extra special goodies. :D I hope I attach the pics correctly......
Karen

Moda CharmPack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34272[/ATTACH]

Easter gifts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34273[/ATTACH]

CajunQuilter2 03-28-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Ok ladies. I need your advice. I know some of you have set up a way to chat back and forth betweent Angel and Angelee without letting the Angelee know who the Angel is. Can you explain how you did this (without my involvement. Thank you) so that others can do so as well?

I went in and made a seperate email account with my email carrier. Most carriers allow you to have more than one screen name. My angelee gave her email in the info that was sent to me when were assigned our angels.

sandpat 03-28-2010 03:58 PM

I set up a new account with one of the free email servers. I can't say which one..my angelee might figure it out...I got her email from somewhere....can't recall how I figured that one out. But, no...I'm not a stalker.

Be sure when you set up the new account that you DON'T put your name in where it says "Your name"....you need to put Secret Angel or something like that or else your name will show up when you send them an email. Just set it up, then send yourself a test email before you send to your angel so you can make sure nothing about you shows up.

sewnsewer2 03-29-2010 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
THANK YOU, THANK YOU SQA! Look what I just got in the mail from my SQA. I just love it all. That bag is just the cutest fabric!

There is a pattern for a quilt/runner & fabric with it, a bag, embroidery floss (beautiful colors) and more fabric! Also a cute Happy Anniversary card with skunks on it as today is our wedding anniversary. Perfect timing SAQ.

Thank you again.