Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/warning-do-not-try-your-quilt-i-blew-t63562.html)

pieces 09-08-2010 06:17 PM

I've never heard of anyone marking a quilt with an
ink pen. Years ago they used pencils. There are dissappearing pens and pens that will come off with water.
I doubt the ink will come out of the fabric.
Using something strong enough to remove the ink may damage your fabric.

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by squeakie
try soaking it with a product called ZOUT, that has taken out everything i have ever wanted it too

That's a new one to me. Where could I find it? Thank you, squeakie!! We're anxious to know. I just tried acetone and I believe it will be gone when dried. :D :D :D

pbreon 09-08-2010 06:25 PM

Thanks for the spell check!!!! I hate it when my brain stalls on me!!!! vin*e*gar!!!!

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by pbreon
I knew the WD-40 would work!!!!
I was so amazed whe n I saw the stain lift out before my eyes.....
A good soaking and wasing in baking soda or viniger wil help the smell out....( how to spell viniger??)

Believe it or not sometimes WD-40 will lift out ink.... try it in s small place then wash with mild detergent.
Take a pic of it when the ink is all gone... I have hope for you.. .and the quiti quilt

I had a carpet cleaner tell me this when I asked him what was he using in the can that was covered with duct tape.... and also from the auto store, an engine cleaning product you spray on and rinse it quicklie... Yes, that was the 2 products he had tapped with the duct tape....I was so surprised and now when I have a stain I use it and it works!!!Especially if it is a petrolium based ink!! just try a small spot first... its worth a try than having to rid the quilt....

:? :? :? :cry: :cry:

Yes! I had faith that it would work too!! I read this in a book from the 1800's that ammonia will lift all heavy chemicals from store bought detergents that if you soak your item one hour in ammonia/water prior to washing, all additives and stains will be gone and especially dish towels would be renewed!! Add a little vinegar and both together will rid the item of odors. Ratio was 1c. to the gallon. So only a tiny bit is needed for a small basin of water. Will soak in ammonia/vinegar (correct spelling vin * e*gar) and I can even add a little baking soda too for the softness feature. WD-40 to the rescue!!!

:D

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by bonniebusybee

Originally Posted by Ditter43
If it won't come out, quilt over it with black or dark blue thread.....Bummer!! :|

Great idea, Ditter43. In the photo of the whole quilt, where three areas show the marking and the fourth doesn't, I thought it would be a good idea to carefully mark the lines solid on all of them. It would give the same effect as your suggestion. Make lemonade out of that lemon!

Just 2 corners were marked in ink first (5 rings and fans). Making whole solid lines is an idea but only if everything else fails.

:D :D

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 06:30 PM

Thanks for the spell check!!!! I hate it when my brain stalls on me!!!! vin*e*gar!!!!

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

I knew the WD-40 would work!!!!
I was so amazed whe n I saw the stain lift out before my eyes.....
A good soaking and wasing in baking soda or viniger wil help the smell out....( how to spell viniger??)

Believe it or not sometimes WD-40 will lift out ink.... try it in s small place then wash with mild detergent.
Take a pic of it when the ink is all gone... I have hope for you.. .and the quiti quilt

I had a carpet cleaner tell me this when I asked him what was he using in the can that was covered with duct tape.... and also from the auto store, an engine cleaning product you spray on and rinse it quicklie... Yes, that was the 2 products he had tapped with the duct tape....I was so surprised and now when I have a stain I use it and it works!!!Especially if it is a petrolium based ink!! just try a small spot first... its worth a try than having to rid the quilt....

:? :? :? :cry: :cry:

Yes! I had faith that it would work too!! I read this in a book from the 1800's that ammonia will lift all heavy chemicals from store bought detergents that if you soak your item one hour in ammonia/water prior to washing, all additives and stains will be gone and especially dish towels would be renewed!! Add a little vinegar and both together will rid the item of odors. Ratio was 1c. to the gallon. So only a tiny bit is needed for a small basin of water. Will soak in ammonia/vinegar (correct spelling vin * e*gar) and I can even add a little baking soda too for the softness feature. WD-40 to the rescue!!!

:D

Your welcome!! I am so grateful for your suggestion! If I had tried it first before anything else could interact with it, it probably would've taken it all out!! At one point today I was worried the idea of rubbing alcohol and lighter fluid would ignite on me!! lol. :D :D

KandiKane 09-08-2010 06:31 PM

Hi..I'am so sorry that happened to you .. what I do is use color remover..make paste with it , and just draw on the marks only that will do , it will come out ..I used it on my nurses uniforms when my pens marked my pockets and came through.. now I use it on all my whites , it keeps my clothes looking new..have my uniforms for thirty yrs.. it works on all stains..

KandiKane

Dee 09-08-2010 06:35 PM

Try zout. Its an excellent cleaner. I use it on stubborn stains. Its in the grocery stores.

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by KandiKane
Hi..I'am so sorry that happened to you .. what I do is use color remover..make paste with it , and just draw on the marks only that will do , it will come out ..I used it on my nurses uniforms when my pens marked my pockets and came through.. now I use it on all my whites , it keeps my clothes looking new..have my uniforms for thirty yrs.. it works on all stains..

KandiKane

Another great idea!! Thank you so much KandiKane for this tip and welcome to the board from VA! You will just love it here!! Never thought about trying this before but can really see it working great!!

:D :D :D

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dee
Try zout. Its an excellent cleaner. I use it on stubborn stains. Its in the grocery stores.

I want to try this too!! Thank you, Dee, for suggesting it!!

:D :D :D

leiladylei54 09-08-2010 06:54 PM

What about soaking it in Oxyclean for a while??? I know it seems to take out those old rust stains on white clothing if you soak one day, make a new solution, soak again, make a new solution and keep doing this for about 3-4 days.