Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/warning-do-not-try-your-quilt-i-blew-t63562.html)

quiltermomo 09-08-2010 07:06 PM

Whoops! Looks like something I might do. Sorry.:(

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
What about soaking it in Oxyclean for a while??? I know it seems to take out those old rust stains on white clothing if you soak one day, make a new solution, soak again, make a new solution and keep doing this for about 3-4 days.

Thank you, leiladylei54!! That's a great idea. I have alot of faith in Oxyclean but many times it has not removed the set-in stain. So far, Acetone, has won out!!! I can see as it's drying that it looks like the remainder has been lifted!! Final results soon though.

:-D :-D

GailG 09-08-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
I was brave. I told myself these ink marks will come out with hair spray. Yes, I really badly wanted to mark my quilt with an ink pen for precise quilting! It soaked for 2 days in ammonia, scrubbed with tooth brushes endlessly and sprayed with the cheapest grade of hair spray (that works the best) and still there are INK PEN MARKS ON MY QUILT!!! yikes. :oops: I've scrubbed with everything and think I have actually set the ink in for good. :? :oops: I'll wash it 100 times and it'll be gone! ;) :cry:

Had an accident with ballpoint ink, luckily on the back of a quilt. Used cheap "Kroger" nail polish remover and it all came out! Worth a try! Good luck!

Yikes! Nail polish remover? I'd try a sample first. I had a very bad experience with nail polish remover on fabric. Bleached a white spot...

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by GailG

Originally Posted by Kitsie

I was brave. I told myself these ink marks will come out with hair spray. Yes, I really badly wanted to mark my quilt with an ink pen for precise quilting! It soaked for 2 days in ammonia, scrubbed with tooth brushes endlessly and sprayed with the cheapest grade of hair spray (that works the best) and still there are INK PEN MARKS ON MY QUILT!!! yikes. :oops: I've scrubbed with everything and think I have actually set the ink in for good. :? :oops: I'll wash it 100 times and it'll be gone! ;) :cry:

Had an accident with ballpoint ink, luckily on the back of a quilt. Used cheap "Kroger" nail polish remover and it all came out! Worth a try! Good luck!

Yikes! Nail polish remover? I'd try a sample first. I had a very bad experience with nail polish remover on fabric. Bleached a white spot...

Oh, no!! It didn't bleach anything yet. We'll know soon. Some of the detergents I've used have spotted the clothes. I think it may be the scented Tide doing it. The acetone may be safer than regular detergents.

diane Sneed 09-08-2010 07:25 PM

I've always used Wisk to take out stains in my laundry. Sometimes I have used shampoo.So, sorry about the quilt. It really is pretty.

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by diane Sneed
I've always used Wisk to take out stains in my laundry. Sometimes I have used shampoo.So, sorry about the quilt. It really is pretty.

Thank you so much, diane, for your compliment and suggestion! Both are great tips!! Also, welcome to the board from VA!!! You will love all you learn and see here!!

Sadiemae 09-08-2010 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Grandma's Secret spot remover

Another great suggestion we hadn't heard of as yet! thank you, purplefiend! It's so good to know what works!! :-D :-D

you're welcome.

I meant to ask you where we all can find her remover. Thanks!!

;-) ;-)

My Hancock Fabrics sells it.

n2scraplvr 09-08-2010 08:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Final results are in!!

WD-40 results earlier
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113976[/ATTACH]

WD-40 + Acetone = Every Trace Gone!!! No purple lines showing!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113977[/ATTACH]

KandiKane 09-08-2010 08:54 PM

ty 4 the ww..and let us know what worked ..lol with all that had responded.. and all the products used hope you still have the quilt.. I would try on another old cloth before doing the quilt .. good luck..

KandiKane :roll:

lucyb 09-08-2010 10:12 PM

I would try alcahol