Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/warning-do-not-try-your-quilt-i-blew-t63562.html)

bjnicholson 09-07-2010 06:14 PM

Just as colors can run, so can fabrics "grab" colors to them. It's almost as if you used a dye. Maybe that's what is happening here. Hopefully, the alcohol or the new Tide will help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

sandpat 09-07-2010 06:17 PM

Oh no...I can't offer any suggestions other that what has already been mentioned, but I do wish you good luck. That quilt is way to pretty to have something bad happen to it. You'll have a great story to to with the quilt when you get the ink out though. :D:

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
Try hydrogen perxiode. I moved into our home a few years ago our carpet was off white. My youngest child Peter broke an ink pen on the carpet and left it there to bleed all over. I had a huge spot on the carpet of black ink. I searched the internet and found that I could use hydrogen perxiode on the carpet. It didn't fade it at all but I have a hunch its because its a syncthetic fiber. It might work on your fabric too. Worth a try.

Wow! So glad it worked for you on that beautiful white carpet! Peroxide is always a good standby! It should work well on this ink! There are lots of great products to try!! Thank you so much, kristen0122, for sharing that tip for us!!

:-D :-D :-D

mollymct 09-07-2010 06:21 PM

My goodness, but one of the tips has GOT to get that ink out! I'm so sorry this happened! I love your quilt. Hope to hear good news soon...

moonwolf23 09-07-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
I was brave. I told myself these ink marks will come out with hair spray. Yes, I really badly wanted to mark my quilt with an ink pen for precise quilting! It soaked for 2 days in ammonia, scrubbed with tooth brushes endlessly and sprayed with the cheapest grade of hair spray (that works the best) and still there are INK PEN MARKS ON MY QUILT!!! yikes. :oops: I've scrubbed with everything and think I have actually set the ink in for good. :? :oops: I'll wash it 100 times and it'll be gone! ;) :cry:

Go over it with a metallic thread. It'll look like it's supposed to be there.

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Just as colors can run, so can fabrics "grab" colors to them. It's almost as if you used a dye. Maybe that's what is happening here. Hopefully, the alcohol or the new Tide will help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you sooo much, bjnicholson! You are right! I couldn't wait to try the Hydrogen Peroxide kristen used to get the ink out of her white carpet. So dabbed it with Qtips and waiting for results @the moment. Bleach it, baby, bleach it.

;-) ;-)

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh no...I can't offer any suggestions other that what has already been mentioned, but I do wish you good luck. That quilt is way to pretty to have something bad happen to it. You'll have a great story to to with the quilt when you get the ink out though. :D:

Yes, it will be remarkable whatever removes it!! It'll be a great story for this little mini :-D ! Thank you, sandpat!! :-D :-D

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by mollymct
My goodness, but one of the tips has GOT to get that ink out! I'm so sorry this happened! I love your quilt. Hope to hear good news soon...

Me too! Am waiting to see the Peroxide remove it. If that doesn't work, I know the rubbing alcohol will. We love those chubby little minis! They look better without the ink on!! Thank you, mollymct!!! ;) ;) :D :D

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by moonwolf23

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
I was brave. I told myself these ink marks will come out with hair spray. Yes, I really badly wanted to mark my quilt with an ink pen for precise quilting! It soaked for 2 days in ammonia, scrubbed with tooth brushes endlessly and sprayed with the cheapest grade of hair spray (that works the best) and still there are INK PEN MARKS ON MY QUILT!!! yikes. :oops: I've scrubbed with everything and think I have actually set the ink in for good. :? :oops: I'll wash it 100 times and it'll be gone! ;) :cry:

Go over it with a metallic thread. It'll look like it's supposed to be there.

That idea hasn't been presented yet!! I love it. What a great one that is!! It'll be last resort though. Need to get those stains out!! lol.

:D :D :D Thank you, moonwolf23!!!

nativetexan 09-07-2010 06:50 PM

try oxy clean. dissolve it in hot water and soak quilt and rub a bit too. good luck. i got pencil out that way.