Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/warning-do-not-try-your-quilt-i-blew-t63562.html)

spinnergs 09-07-2010 07:04 PM

If nothing else works, you could use a dark quilting thread over the top of the marks so it would look like you meant it to be dark quilting :|

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
try oxy clean. dissolve it in hot water and soak quilt and rub a bit too. good luck. i got pencil out that way.

That's a GREAT suggestion!! Oxyclean is the best!! It's above all products for getting set-in stains out!! Thank you so much, nativetexan!!!

:D :D :D ;-)

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by spinnergs
If nothing else works, you could use a dark quilting thread over the top of the marks so it would look like you meant it to be dark quilting :|

That's a fantastic idea! I'll employ that if I can't get the stains removed. So far, the peroxide has lifted some of the purple color ink out. I'm afraid to use more though for discoloring the fabric. I'll wait til it dries well. Thanks, spinnergs, for that good idea!!
:-D :-D

1quilt_gma 09-07-2010 07:34 PM

Let us know how everything works out..interesting thread. I'm going to bookmark it for when I do the same....

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 1quilt_gma
Let us know how everything works out..interesting thread. I'm going to bookmark it for when I do the same....

Me too! There are just great tips here!!! You never know when your foolproof method will fail you! This info will come in handy when we run across an accident with ink again. lol.

:oops: :oops: :oops: Thank you, 1quilt_gma!!! ;) ;)

Rhonda 09-07-2010 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by sewgull
Rub rubbing alcohol. So sorry about the boo-boo.

oh, thank you, sewgulll! I'll try that. I'll try mayo, lemonade, murphy's oil soap, etc.

:D

When I worked as a nurse's aide we used to soak our uniforms in milk if we got an ink stain. It will take out blood too. We also used Peri-care if you know a nurse you could ask if you can get some. It works wonders on ink but it is an institution product not on the open market that I know of.

dvseals 09-07-2010 07:51 PM

I had this pen with black ink and every time I used it I'd end up with ink on everything.
I'd wash my hands and scrub with all sorts of soaps etc didn't help one bit.
Then one day dummy me grabbed that pen again and yup you guessed it ink everywhere.
I had gotten a bottle of Awesome
and said "self.. it's the only thing you've not tried."

So I spritz my hands with Awesome ran warm water over them and ink was gone. Didn't even have to rub hands together.

champagnebubbles 09-07-2010 08:24 PM

oh so sorry

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-07-2010 08:34 PM

Your Quilt is Beautiful, good luck with the ink, could call it a design choice, freedom of expressions, a new trend in quilting... :)

Jan in VA 09-07-2010 09:20 PM

1quilt_gma,
Thanks for the tip to bookmark the topic, I didn't know yet to do that!

I'm soooo sorry this happened to your quilt and all your effort, what a downer :thumbdown:

But, as an encouragement, let me tell you about an antique quilt from the Civil War era that I saw in a MUSEUM once. It had the pencil marks still showing on the face of it 130 years after it was made, but that beautiful quilt was proudly hung where all could see and admire it.
Love yours anyway!

Jan in VA