Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/warning-do-not-try-your-quilt-i-blew-t63562.html)

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewnbyme4u
You can make templates for quilting out of freezer paper.....draw the shape, cut and iron (shiny side down) sew just off the paper, peel and iron again.....NO PENCIL MARKS REQIURED.....look this technique up online for further info.....we learn from all our boo boo's....

That's a great idea too! I'm familiar with it but never use it. We sure do learn the hard way sometimes!

:oops: :oops: Thank you sooo much, sewnbyme4u! That's a great tip!!

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Harmony
I can just imagine how sick you were when you discovered what had happened! Sure hope one of the suggestions here works for you! What a bummer!

It's the first time hair spray has ever failed me for ink marks, but all we need is a FIRST time and we learn then!! Maybe I'll pounce with powder or develop my own marker! Yes, I was sick about that but ever hopeful still!!

:D :D :D Thank you soooo much, harmony!!! Am sure something will work GREAT for it!!

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by sumcoop
Maybe if you try the sheet that take out fading of colors.
Alcohol has always helped me.
I am sorry too!...

I love the idea of rub. alcohol. I'm sure that will work above anything else. Thank you so much, sumcoop!!! Will let you know what works. :-D :-D

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
Hairspray should have worked. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. You may have helped others from doing the same thing. I think the quilt is beautiful and will be wonderful conversation piece.

Yes, this is the first time the hair spray failed me. Your welcome and I hope others will avoid doing this. We just don't know that some inks are so persistent. Thank you so much, GrammaNan, for the beautiful compliment!! We work so hard on our projects to get them right! Am sure something will work good!!

:D :D :D ;)

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by cindle
just a thought but won't mayo and oil soap leave grease marks on your fabric?

Yes, they will! I will not try them!! Will test a small patch first whatever I try. yikes. lol.

:D :D ;)

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Maybe practice on scraps?

Fantastic idea!!! Thank you, bearisgray!

:-D :-D

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by skyle1968
I used ink pen on one of my quilts one time and I used dawn dish soap and a lil scrub brush and let it soak for a lil while and then washed it in the washer and it all came out :o)

That is a FABULOUS idea!! Nothing beats DAWN dish soap!! It gets rid of the fleas for my dogs. lol. I'll try that suggestion next!!

:D :D :D

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Oh dear! So sorry!
My DH had an ink pen leak in his pocket one time and my grandma told me to soak it in milk. It took it out and saved the shirt. Might be worth a try.

Hope you find something that works for you!!!

Oh, yea!! I had completely forgotten about milk, an old time remedy!! That will work!! It worked for your DH's shirt!! Thank you so much, 2 Doods, for that suggestion!!

:D :D :D :thumbup:

n2scraplvr 09-07-2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Soooorry. I'm with Ditter, quilt over it if it won't come out. That quilt is too nice to give up. Good luck.

When all else fails, that's what I intend to do!! Thank you, dsb38327!

:-D :-D :D ;)

kristen0112 09-07-2010 06:11 PM

Try hydrogen perxiode. I moved into our home a few years ago our carpet was off white. My youngest child Peter broke an ink pen on the carpet and left it there to bleed all over. I had a huge spot on the carpet of black ink. I searched the internet and found that I could use hydrogen perxiode on the carpet. It didn't fade it at all but I have a hunch its because its a syncthetic fiber. It might work on your fabric too. Worth a try.