Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 12-26-2013, 08:45 PM

I love your Kitty!! Is it from a magzine or a book???Tinker
Old 12-27-2013, 05:56 AM

the kitty is a picture I found on a quilting board I belong to on facebook. I copied it as the woman said she got it from google clip art. I figured it was ok to save the image too .. I think it could be easily saved and printed out as a pattern. Which is what I intend to do when I find the time. what a great idea.. easy patterns if you go with the black and white format in google images and well a whole lot cheaper than buying books on applique ideas.

Sandy love your fabrics wow they are sure pretty! I hope you find a border your comfortable working with. I find some of them so very difficult its easier to just use.. blocks I find on quilters cache and reduce their size so they fit what I need. I have grand difficulty making borders that are angled? slash like? I never get that stuff right and it irks the heck out of me. I am sure its not hard just me closing my mind to it perhaps.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:34 AM

I am waiting for your fabric to arrive Teresa. I needed some more of the center fabric so I bought a bit but its not here yet. I have done half the blocks needed to make the round but.. waiting waiting lol.. I couldn't bring myself to just use something else. What I had didn't work and what I needed I couldn't find here

who has quilts to work on besides me? Twinriver how are you doing? are your eyes getting better now? up and running? after all the holidays are you even inspired to quilt? I hear lots of groans throughout the forum that they just can't do it.. I think if I put up some more holiday stuff back in boxes it will be easier to see a new season, new year ahead of me. I am going to ugh pull out ufo's today. YUP oh joy.. maybe a tad of snow today so me and the house once again..
Old 12-29-2013, 07:25 AM

Your block looks awesome. Did you notice that the lower left corner red and blue are turned wrong? Different than the other three corners.
Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
Hi fellow Road Runner's, I received Twinriverfarm (Miriam's) block today and couldn't resist posting a picture of it. Not sure what I will do for it yet but might audition a few ideas in the coming week just to get your opinion. I have some patriotic fabric too so will be fun to see what I can come up with. I have company coming near end of week so I can't guarantee I will get it finished but have a little while yet so not worried.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 AM

On the red and white center. What happened to the little white border?
Old 12-29-2013, 01:23 PM

Joeyoz...I gave Brat permission to change my center to do what she needed to do to make it work for her. She took the white border off and changed to something else. Now you know. :-) Ok..ladies, I have decided to go with the braid technique for my round on Brats quilt. Should have it finished by end of week and will post pics. Fingers crossed that it turns out as I see it in my mind. :-) Happy New Year and many happy quilting days ahead to all of you here on the QB.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:35 PM

was someone questioning why your center changed? glad to have answered that to and no I would never redo someone elses work without their permission. EVER. I can be rude at times but not that rude. sheesh! thanks for clarifying that to whomever needed clarifying Sandy.

I pulled out my ufos today. OMG where did they all come from? 8 quilts that need putting together UGH all that sashing. and one is a set of blocks gifted to me, all put together beautifully all super scrappy in a ...um very scrappy way. they are so not me but too good to just send off to the thrift store. The quilter got all the points perfectly and they are all very squared up.. oh my that will be the last project I jump on I think. I then found 100 p
ieces all 4x6 or 5x5 coordinating fabrics.. is that a ufo or a??? another gift. I get gifted interesting fabric items from a friend in CA and at times I think awful but useful and other times those awful ones surprise me so much when done.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:39 PM

worse jobs done first: took out my cruddy quilting on the baby quilt I put together a couple months ago. time to get Jaba to professionally quilt it for me then I can bind it and be happy with it. that was a lot of ripping seams bet I need a new blade! then I am now attacking another quilt top I made. It was my bee fabrics. I just threw it together to get it done a while back hating what I was doing.. so now I am ripping every single block out and taking all the sashing off and going to do it the right way .. should have done that the first time but I was just anxious to finish it. I realized when it was done how much I hated it and how it didn't show any quilty skills at all. I am going to go blind taking all those sashings off.. but here I sit, one block at a time. I whacked them down the centers of the sashing and now have to remove that left over 1" .. upside is I wont have much stretching in the blocks doing it this way. easier on each of them I hope. well hope YOU are having fun. fun is not what I would call what I am doing
Old 12-29-2013, 01:49 PM

Oh, I see...joeyoz was "pointing" out two different things. I was a bit lost there for a second.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:43 AM

OK my friends, I am starting the new year with Sandy's quilt. I needed half a morning to make the decisions on pattern and choose the fabrics, and set right to work on Wednesday, the first sewing day I have had in a long while! I decided to bring back to the outside round the star that started the center, using the red from the center and 2 other reds to pick up the darker ones. So 28 stars later, I will put it all together this weekend.
Thank you for all the holiday greetings, gifties (fudge was great until the dog found my last piece) and hugs you all sent. New glasses finally will arrive next week and not too soon. The surgery was well worth it, just had to get through a few setbacks. I have a new appreciation for my sight now. I will try and post a picture of the quilt-in-progress when I finish, since one of my 2014 resolutions is to be more techy. I doubt that is a word, however.