Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 12-22-2013, 08:12 AM

I'm trying not to think about Jan's poor little quilt top lost out there somewhere. Ugh! Turns my tummy. I sure hope they find it soon.
Ive got about 48 hours of work to get done around here in the next 16 or so. Feeling a bit overwhelmed! But, Christmas will come whether I get this stuff done or not right. And all will be well. I'm beginning to wonder if my b12 is low again Well, I'd better get pointed in the right direction. Run run run.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:19 AM

TwinRiverFarm wishing you the most wonderful day![ATTACH=CONFIG]452967[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails happy-birthday.png  
Old 12-23-2013, 03:01 PM

WOOO Hooo!!! I received Jaba's quilt top today in the mail!

Wanted to let everyone know it is safe and sound here in CA with me
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 PM

GREAT NEWS! And thank you all for the birthday wishes. Now I am eligible to move into those "adult only" communities (not). Exept that would mean having to behave as an adult, and that isn't any fun. Right Brat?
Old 12-23-2013, 05:49 PM

My postmaster lady does wonderful things, thank heavens for her.
TRF's do like I do, the red and purple hat ladies. When I grow old I shall..........look up that little poem, I have it in a piece that I cross stitched a very long time ago and trust me....I try to live by it every day. It's so fun going "against the grain" every once in a while. Again Happy Birthday to you
Old 12-23-2013, 09:23 PM

TRF (Miriam), Sending you belated birthday greetings. Hope it was wonderful and that you will have many, many more ahead. Teresa, what a sigh of relief you have given us all with the news of the safe arrival of Jaba's quilt top. Merry Christmas to you all my dear quilting sister friends!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:43 PM

ok ok wait a minute your old enough for an "adult community" is that like triple x rated? if so skip it cause that aint so hot after all wonder what they do in those places anywhooo .. ok my mother in law is in one and loves it. She quilts with the group, is in tap dance with them, oh yes and dad goes golfing all the time with the crew.. they keep busier than when she was living outside one. Go figure. Me however.. I qualify as I am a gimp suppose I could just pack my stuff up and go move into a home now. what? they wouldn't take me? really? oh not cause I am a gimp just a bit too disruptive. Shoot. no golfing for me (in the snow now wouldn't that be a challenge)..

glad that the quilt got to you, double phew. happy to hear your thinking of my quilt. I am still looking at Teresa's and wishing I had some of that moda fabric. What I bought is moda but not the line you started with. Now to make it work like magic. um.. yeah like magic. lol. You are so right Sandy sometimes you are in the mood to do something and other times oh heck no. I will do something amazing of course (laugh girls laugh) and you will be so enamored of it that you will ask me to do another round and another.. in which case I will reply. nope. lol one round of amazing things is about all anyone can take.

here is a pic of the kitty that was in this black and white quilt I saw. I saved it because well thought it might make an easy cut out to use as an applique one day Sandy. [ATTACH=CONFIG]453042[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1479408_752571198090382_1525292987_n.jpg  
Old 12-24-2013, 02:08 PM

Linda that kitty is adorable
Old 12-25-2013, 08:20 PM

Brat, I do like that kitty pattern and I see why you saved it. Okay everyone, tomorrow I post some pics of fabrics I ordered and also my two ideas for Linda's (Brat) quilt. Hope you all have a good Christmas day night!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:16 AM

My list of things to do today is get pics posted as I promised and then try and see if I can hook up a router to my computer. (So far, I have had nothing but frustration with it. ) I am thinking of either doing a braided border since I took the braid class last month or the other picture I found somewhere on the 'net. Not too sure about it though. Leaning more toward the braid. I bought a new border book (well new to me -used $2.62) called the Border Workbook by Janet Kime. I think it will be really useful. I ordered 3 fabrics..one is at top; solid navy and the two are coordinating colors to what is already in Brat's quilt. The two on the right are what Linda had already.
Attached Thumbnails 12-22-large-.jpg   border-idea-27.jpg