Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 01-03-2014, 07:39 AM

Happy New Year everyone!
Congrats Jan on the new car Let me know how you like it, DH and I are contemplating that model too.

I was going to spend my wknd quilting....but hubby and I have just made reservations at a B&B for a much needed wknd together. So, I'm going to eat, hike, antique and drink probably a little too much instead. Can't believe how excited I am. It's been forever since we've been away alone for more than an afternoon.

Hope everyone's inspired by the prospect of the beginning of a new year.
Promise to get on the RR's as soon as I'm back.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:23 AM

Ah envy Teresa! and glasses Miriam! wow those will surely be loved and so glad your over there you can not see all my wrinkles with your new eyes! my brother in law had surgery on his eyes and two weeks later came by to see us and he says "wow I didn't know you were so wrinkled!" .. I was only 37 at the time. Grand right? so I say your new eyes can not look upon me only my quilts My mom was wrinkled early too.. in high school my friends used to say she looked like an apple doll. sigh.. skin did not run in my family lol

I have more of your fabric now to work on your quilt Teresa. I think I am going to possibly change up those 16 blocks that are done. I don't care for the green much.. it works with the leaves of Miriams round but not necessarily with the green in your fabric. oh joy. like starting from scratch! ok 50 percent redo.. better now than later. one day at a time!

I hope all of you find your day a good one. I am trying to enjoy the semi clear sky this morning but need to hit wally world oh fun city!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Dear RRRR quilty friends and a happy new year to all of you too! Miriam, I am so glad your eye surgery went well and please know that there is NO HURRY on getting my quilt done. Do it only if you have to start in on projects sooner or later. But, on the other hand, I know how you feel about getting back to quilting. After you make 28 stars for me, you will be a star in my book. Looking forward to whatever you do. I know your work and it will be much loved!
I am working on Brat's round and am trying to decide on taking the braid around corners or do something different. I might experiment with fabric and camera and send my options if pictures will give the idea.
Teresa, lucky you to go off with hubby for a few days of R & R. Have a wonderful time. Tell us about the B & B place when you get back. I have always heard about them but never actually stayed at one. Should be on my bucket list, I guess.
Miriam, I think techy is a word. Sounds good to me anyhow. And Jaba, I missed the post on your getting a new car. Hope it is all you wanted it to be. I think I am done with household chores for the day, changed bed, laundry, homemade ice cream and figured out what to have for supper so off to play with Linda's quilt.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Ok...posting the two options. One is having the braid going around the corners and other is using the floral in the corners. The blue matches Jaba's round earlier. Tell me which is best. Everything is just laid out and nothing sewn on yet. Just did this to get an idea.
Attached Thumbnails 1-3-b1-large-.jpg   1-3-b2-large-.jpg  
Old 01-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Not sure but I think I like the braid all around if it were mine.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:18 AM

Yup, I like the braid all around too. Looks awesome. I finished my round on Sandy's last night, will try and post pictures and mail it today. Woo hoo!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:48 PM

Oh gosh Miriam, Now I will be on pins and needles until I see the pictures. But that is good. It will be like waiting for Christmas. I am excited.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:32 AM

tlambing hope you and hubby had a great weekend together! I really like the "Edge", now it's just remembering all the little buttons and what they're for. With not working anymore, drive time has been cut way down. At least I don't put very many miles on. Will have a 225 mile trip on Friday when I go to the doctor for the spinal, so I'll really know then how it drives but so far it's good.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 AM

OK Jan admit it your afraid to get it dirty! lol its a very pretty, very shiny vehicle I might ad. I wouldn't want mud splats on it either but around here its sort of a given at this time of year. the roads are all ice today and I am going to hope that next week we have decent roads for you to drive on. They are horrible today warnings right and left on all the highways ice ice and blowing snow.. not fun. Cold think its negative something currently. sure feels like it its even cold inside and the heater is on. more hot coffee I think!

Sandy love that border and around the corners we both agree is the way to go.. gorgeous! Miriam excited to see those stars! Sandy need any more red scraps to grow out your quilt? I know your trying to kill your scrap piles too.. hard isn't it? everytime I knock some down more grow in their place. Here are my scraps under f4's and bigger than 10" anything smaller is history here I cant grow those piles to the roof (ok I could but I wont) [ATTACH=CONFIG]455059[/ATTACH] praying that my scrappy quilt in the rr will be wiping out these piles but having serious doubts..

Teresa! I am sending on your quilt tomorrow. I had a bit of a challenge finding exactly what I wanted to do. Hope you love it! ps its packaged and ready to go already and duh forgot to take a pic sorry gals!
Attached Thumbnails 1511108_762991300381705_1336400330_n.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 AM

Had a fantastic little getaway with the Hubby. Boy, that was a nice way to end the holidays. The B&B was very nice, and far enough from the hustle and bustle. The breakfasts were 5 star. Took 2 different drives through wine country, one on the way and another on the way home. The weather was so beautiful. Almost too warm. Very strange for this time of year. Almost 70 and sunny both days. I'm starting to worry about our drought conditions. Visited Lake Sonoma that looked about 1/3 full, and Lake Barriyessa that was so low I almost couldn't see water.
We did go to quite a few antique stores on our trip and I found a great quilting room accessory. It's a very cool display shelf about 5 ft long with a great top shelf for displaying, a middle group of about 6 cubby spots and a dowel hanging rod at the bottom. I could see antique spools and pretties on the top, fat quarters filling those cubbys and several quilts layered on that rod and just "had to have it". Only sticking point is that it's a soft pink and in need of a new paint job. DH said no problem and I expect it to be white within the next couple of weeks

Now I'm back to business on my RR. TRF I should have yours done this week. And Jan yours close behind. So sorry to have them piled up here. I bought a really cool book of borders and ideas that I'm really happy with. Hope to use a couple of the ideas on your quilts.

Last edited by tlambing; 01-06-2014 at 07:28 AM.