Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 01-06-2014, 05:58 PM

ok got the package all stuffed to the gills.. hope that packing tape holds! on its way Teresa

we are winding on down here aren't we.. I am so excited with what I have seen and hope you have all enjoyed working on this new experience project. Different isn't it? I am going to have fun with these for moons to come I think and promise to not make any more boring quilt tops again a special border for each!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:19 PM

We are winding down and kind of sad but have made some wonderful friendships. Brat, anytime you want to get rid of some red scraps, send them my way and I will reimburse you for postage plus whatever you feel is fair for scraps. But you might want to wait until you get your medallion one done. I am looking forward to seeing how you come out with the rainbow effect. Exciting to see progress. I have a red quilt planned for later this year. Pattern was in Kansas City Star all of 2013 and a friend of mine has been sending me each months pattern. Plus I am sure I will need to flesh out my r&w one that you all have helped on. I can hardly wait to get package from Miriam (TRF) Teresa, sounds like you had a great little mini vacation. Do we get to see a picture of your neat shelf find..painted pink or white??? And on my last note, I FINALLY started in on my cat quilt. I plan to take pics as I go along but doubt I will post anything for a while until I see if I am going to succeed in my quest. I can see it in my mind but with no pattern I am just going on a wing and a prayer.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 AM

oh Sandy you will do marvelously on that cat quilt it absolutely sounds adorable. its the quilting part that stumps me! I can never line up a back with the front so I say go .. squiggly then your quilting matches on both sides! and hey a kitty in a window quilt.. ok sold.

Teresa your vacation did sound like a little bite of heaven. Wine country is always stunning. Yeah it looks pretty when its so lush but that area is surrounded with just beauty. I could sit on a chair outside and just . . stay. My favorite CA hide away was always wine country. Lucky lucky girl. Wow you bring back some wonderful memories.. we used to go to Robert Mondavi every summer and enjoy their concerts outside in the winery,.. small group of people for a concert and the picnic boxes and wine.. oh boy fun.. and then the bed and breakfasts some of the best I have ever been to.. nestled in an orchard .. oh my and hot air balloons dotting the sky.. oh yeah.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 PM

Dear Road Runner friends, Guess what the mailman brought today! Yippee...my package from Miriam..a lovely red and white quilt top. I didn't get a chance to take a picture yet but will tomorrow. Shoveled snow off driveway and walks today plus took cat to vet for annual shots.* The day just zipped by. Hope to get to work on your border soon, Brat. I want to go around the corners nicely so taking it slow. * We changed vets for kitty as discovered there is one within about 6 blocks of our house compared to 2 miles across town where we have gone since 2008. New vet said that cats only need rabies shots every 3 years. Hmmm... wonder why the other place kept giving them to him every year??? Plus, he would come home and sleep for two days so relieved that he won't need any for 2 more years. Some things turn out well. Supposed to snow off and on through Sat. so hopefully, I will get lots of quilting done. Brat, I am thinking of just going squiggily on the cat quilt. Great minds...LOL!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:27 AM

Finally started on Miriam's rwb tonight. So much for being done by Friday, but I'm on my way. I'd like to know why it is that my mind can take the simplest instruction/concept and contort it into something that Einstein would,have trouble grasping? Why can't I just look at it and get it? Oh well. I only cut 2 little squares wrong in the beginning. Finally had to put post its on my stacks to keep them straight. Frustrated me a wee bit.
Cant wait to see the pic of your quilt Sandy. Even when this rr is over, I hope you keep in touch. Love to hear what everyone is doing. Sharing makes me happy
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 PM

FABULOUS!!!! I love it. Can hardly wait to get it finished but that will have to wait until cat quilt is done. But here it is and I love every row and will think of each of you whenever I use this quilt. I am keeping the label you all wrote on and will use it for the ID label on the back. I hope you all will be as pleased with yours as I am mine. Brat, I am still going slow on yours. The directions for making the mitered corners is a bit hard so I am going to do one first and see if I do it right. Will be a few more days before I get it all done. Had to shovel more snow today (not enough for snow blower) and supposed to be little storms through Saturday. Ah...winter. Can't say I don't get to work off the holiday sweets. Thanks again everyone and especially thank to you Brat for talking me into joining this.
Attached Thumbnails 1-8-r-w-large-.jpg  
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM

Looks great Sandy, even better after you get it quilted! Glad you are happy with it.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:54 PM

Sandy - that is stunning. You ladies did a wonderful job. Can't wait to see the others.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:33 PM

SANDY LOVE IT! wow that will be so pretty! are you going to enlarge it still or keep it at its current size? I think it will be smashing when quilted. HIGH FIVE EVERYONE. That turned out to be adorable!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:12 PM

Brat, I am going to enlarge it and probably make it rectangular. Will add some rows on top and bottom. I will be sure and share pics when I get to it but will be later this year. I am very pleased with it.