Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sick about this >

Sick about this

Sick about this

Old 03-08-2010, 12:16 AM

It took me a long time of looking at it to see what you are talking about. I would enter it anyway and be proud of the work you and your quilter did. You will never make this mistake again and to be honest, most people will not see this "boo-boo".
Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by bodie358
I think you should leave it alone. It's beautiful the way it is and I am afraid that you may make it worse by trying to cover it up.

I'm with Bodie358. IMHO, If you do something to color it and it runs, it may not be recoverable and this is a lovely quilt to be ruined. I'd enter it as is.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 AM

Please just leave it like it is and don't try to cover it up with something that might really make it worse, as the others have said might run or do further damage. As it is the orig. fabric is only showing through the white and not really damaged in any way, please don't try to do anything that would make it worse. I think it is beautiful the way it is.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Pam..I know that since you are gonna test your solution with the stencils, I think it will be fine. I think that idea is a good one...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by bodie358
I think you should leave it alone. It's beautiful the way it is and I am afraid that you may make it worse by trying to cover it up.
I'm leaning this way also. It really is a beautiful quilt. Its purpose was not to be entered into shows, it is for your daughter and she loves it the way it is.

Since you already ordered them, use the stencils on scrap fabric, not on the quilt itself. Then you'll get an idea on how it looks. Hopefull you will leave it the way it is. :D
Old 03-08-2010, 07:29 AM

i believe that the judges will write about that "shadow". in my quilts i have entered they were picked apart. i sort of like that then i know where i can improve next time.

your quilt is simply stunning i love it and i hope you enter it and take blue ribbons. it really is so beautiful :thumbup:
Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Banned

I don't know what to say, but it sure is pretty
Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 AM

I'll try it out on the same fabric. I watched a Sharon Schamber video of her using these paint sticks, looks like a big crayon, to make her Fairy quilt.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Pam, I am so sorry for you that this is not how you intended it to be...BUT, imho...this is such a gorgeous quilt, even if it didn't win ribbons, bc of how picky the judges can be, it is too beautiful not to enter.
I know I would love to see quilts like this and who is to say you did not plan the 'shadow' effect?
Granted, it would be considered an unusual and 'modern' technique...but aside from 'shows',...this is a heartstopping quilt!
I think it's gorgeous. hugs, I know you love it anyway, and how could one small thing that is barely noticeable mar the exquisite beauty and care that you put into it? to me - it can't. :-D
Old 03-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Personally, I wouldn't change the quilt. You take the chance of making it worse. And in my opinion, it's not all that bad. But one thing you could maybe do, is tea stain the quilt. It will give it an antique feel and may be enough to hide this minor mistake.