Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
the start of Thinking Outside the Block... it's not quite the effect I was going for... >

the start of Thinking Outside the Block... it's not quite the effect I was going for...

the start of Thinking Outside the Block... it's not quite the effect I was going for...

Old 11-05-2010, 04:54 PM

Barnbum:
Don't change a thing!!! It's drop-dead beautiful just the way it is!!

Nitabug
Old 11-05-2010, 05:05 PM

I love it. It reminds me of all the colors back east. Here in NM the one tree we bought and planted was supposed to turn red in the fall. It kind of did, but that just isn't the same as those colors in thousands of trees. My nephew just sent me a picture when he and his family were just at one of the Finger Lakes. And I didn't even notice them because I was looking at all the beautiful fall colors. You'll be happy with it when you finish it. I also love that pattern!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I wanted rich fall.... I feel like I got jungle or camouflage. :| :roll: It was rich fall to a point...then it took a turn. Maybe it was the dark red strip? Hmmm.

Maybe I've been working on it too long... I'll put it away and peek first thing tomorrow to see if I feel differently.

Thank goodness I didn't plan on making a whole quilt--just a table runner and a wall hanging, so only 42 blocks are started. Phew! I completed 10 tonight so I could see how I liked it.
Hi Karla, I don't know if you are still working on this, but I think the quilting is going to make it more fallish if you do some leaves, especially on the light part. I'll be interested to see it done.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM

I think you should carry some of the center gold further out in the block to let the eye flow thru the setting. It is lovely but I agree it does need soemthing to pop it.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 PM

I think you should carry some of the center gold further out in the block to let the eye flow thru the setting. It is lovely but I agree it does need soemthing to pop it. I also would try it with out the blue and green stripe that is next to the gold and brown strip. I think that is throwing it all off. Try covering that strip with your finger on the screen and you will see what I mean. Just my opion but you asked. All heads work together. good luck
Old 11-06-2010, 05:45 AM

Is it possible to do a tutorial on this block? And on how it all goes together? I really love this and would like to know how to do it. Hugs and smiles...
Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 AM

I didn't see this had popped up again and I'm not getting emails to let me know... I think I posted a picture of it done, but here's another.

I haven't quilted it yet...

It didn't fit 100% on the table, but you get the idea.

Thinking I could sell the top and let someone else finish it! ;)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119847.jpe   attachment-119848.jpe  
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Is it possible to do a tutorial on this block? And on how it all goes together? I really love this and would like to know how to do it. Hugs and smiles...
I don't have time to do that now...but it's only one block--log cabin style. Iron half the blocks towards the center and the other half away from the center and you're good!

:-D
Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM

Looks fally to me, like it the way it is....:)
Old 11-06-2010, 02:15 PM

ow that this is together with the gold repeated, Its 110% prettier. I really like it. It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!