Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Performance issues >

Performance issues

Performance issues

Old 11-05-2011, 04:52 AM

Default New QB troubles

I have been a member on the QB for not to long, but long enough! I know that it will take a bit to get all the quirks out n for us to find our way around, for us to be patient!!
Last night at about 8:00 I tried to get on n couldnt (figured everybody was trying to get on so I waited till later to try )at about10:30 I got on but went nowhere, I got to first board(brown backing) clicked to go the home page n got a blue screen but no matter what I did I couldnt open anything I just got blue ( i believe it was blue) not anything on this screen but whatever the background color was no words nothing , if i clicked to go back to home page that was fine,looked like what you see on the new qb when you first get into it. but no matter what i tried to go to just gave me a colored screen,no words.thought that you might like to know this.thank you
crafty3236
Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 AM

I was on the board last night and I believe it "went down" for a while. I went back to it a half hour later and it was fine. My guess is there were some technical difficulties.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:55 AM

Default log in

Do I have to log in every time? Before I logged in only once and never logged out and was always logged on. Today I had to log on to post a new thread or is this only for posting. Hope someone knows.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
Do I have to log in every time? Before I logged in only once and never logged out and was always logged on. Today I had to log on to post a new thread or is this only for posting. Hope someone knows.
When you log in, before pressing enter, look just to the right for the Remember Me box and check it. Then press enter.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:25 AM

I did that earlier this week when the new site came on board and have not had this issue before but this morning when I tried to post a message I received a message that I needed to be logged on.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 AM

I do miss that part of the board , it was fun to see who was on ! Hope it does not take too long. SOmehow seeing who was on made it more personal . I do see that if I move my cursor over the dot next to the name it will tell me if someone is indeed on line, but its not as convienient as having the info show .
Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 PM

Thank you Denise
Old 11-05-2011, 01:14 PM

Me too. when I posted a comment to a post...Quick Reply it posted...On old format I just arrowed backwards to get back to the main pg of postings...when I do that now it tells me if I cont. it will dump my comment....So then I have to find another way back to the main page...confusing
Old 11-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Default Trouble with slow computer?

Is anyone else having trouble with their computer being really slow tonight? I have dial-up and can't get any of the second pages to load and the pictures are really slow too.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Me too. when I posted a comment to a post...Quick Reply it posted...On old format I just arrowed backwards to get back to the main pg of postings...when I do that now it tells me if I cont. it will dump my comment....So then I have to find another way back to the main page...confusing
I think this happens when you are quicker than the board... you choose the next page you want to go to and the board is not finished doing it's thing on the page you were just on.