Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 09-05-2014, 09:32 AM

I'm back to non-UFOs now, I have a couple of comfort quilts to make and a baby quilt. I'm excited to make a baby quilt, as that's not something I get to do very often! This one for a mother who has adopted, never expecting she'd ever get to be a birth mother. We are all ecstatic for them!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
I'm back to non-UFOs now, I have a couple of comfort quilts to make and a baby quilt. I'm excited to make a baby quilt, as that's not something I get to do very often! This one for a mother who has adopted, never expecting she'd ever get to be a birth mother. We are all ecstatic for them!
That's me, too, wildyard.... non-UFOs now. I do have 1 more UFO but it's back at the winter house. But, I still love to pop in here and see what everyone else is doing. The group here feels almost like family.

And, you'd be surprised how often adoptive parents actually get pregnant. It's like a couple tries so hard to get pregnant but when they relax and stop trying, "POP", it happens. Can't wait to see the quilt you create for them.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
That's me, too, wildyard.... non-UFOs now. I do have 1 more UFO but it's back at the winter house. But, I still love to pop in here and see what everyone else is doing. The group here feels almost like family.
Oh, LOL, I still have plenty of UFOs to do, just that these others have priority. Once they are done, it's back to UFOs again!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:52 AM

So many accomplishments so far! I'm going to start a new quilt and work on a UFO for 'relaxation,' as I've been told I have a low white blood count. I'll find out more this week, so having to focus on cutting a new quilt will be good therapy. I am admiring everything that is finished. Quite a talented group here!
Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 AM

Loved looking at all the pictures in this thread.
I have finished three baby quilts lately, two for charity and one for my first great-granddaughter's first birthday.
Those fabrics had been on my to-do pile for years. Now I just have about 20 UFO's in various stages of completion. I was giving quilt classes this last year and made parts of at least three quilts for patterns and suggestions. I don't know when I will ever finish those. They work for the next class, too.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:11 AM

count me in my D H always complains about my UFO'S and I only have about 6
Old 09-10-2014, 06:24 PM

Wow! I am in awe of all of you who can do quilting and yet find time to make quilts for charity. Plus I loved all the finishes that pictures showed. You all are amazing. I am off on one more trip (hubby's 55th class reunion) and then hopefully nothing more for rest of year. I am working on backing for a quilt I made in a class in early May (Disappearing Pinwheel). Since I had several pinwheels left, I am incorporating them into the backing plus trying to use some of my stash also. Hope to have it ready to go off to the LA quilter on the 30th so need to get it finished.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:18 PM

I have one UFO that I just gave to the quilter this week....A t-shirt quilt that is about half done and a wedding quilt for next year that I'd like to start cutting out soon.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:47 PM

I have completed another UFO. I have come to the realization that I will never be completely done and you know what, that is great. I have finished two more tops so now my UFO pile starts again. I love quilting, so as long I have projects I will always be able to do what I love.
Attached Thumbnails christmas-tree-quilt.jpg  
Old 09-14-2014, 05:31 PM

J: Such a beautiful Christmas quilt. Perfect timing for the holidays/