Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-18-2014, 08:29 PM

Just think Emma...now you have something to do in the new year...finish quilts! We will all be waiting with bated breath to see at least one done by this time next year. :-) We both know how those 'other project' gremlins can interfere with our quilting goals. Congrats on new future grand baby!
Old 11-19-2014, 03:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
Hurray!!!... I think I can add one more UFO finished to our count for this year. Started this jeans quilt about two years ago..not counting how many years I was saving old jeans. Got it finished today, appropriately enough and will gift it to our son who served honorable in the US Army. It is just lap size but will do fine for those cold winter nights where he lives. Pictures of back and front. Plus I got to use up lots of thread.
Congratulations! I love how colorful all the thread looks. I bet your son will love it.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:48 AM

Emma, congrats on the new grandbaby that's on the way! WHoo-hoo! So that will turn up the heat on finishing some other quilts. HAve you decided on a pattern yet?
All I am doing right now is cleaning cupboards/drawers and getting ready for son and DIL visiting at Xmas. Their first time to visit in this home. Oh, I do try to get one prayer pocket quilt done a week. But that's not a biggie.
Keep us posted, Emma!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:06 AM

Sandy, Coopah: Thanks for your encouragement. No, no decision on the baby quilt but I want it to be very special. I really want to make it a labor of love.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Can't remember the last time I finished something! This is a gift for a new baby. Super fun backing.
It's adorable, Fraew. I love that backing fabric.... so cute for a little one. And your squares on the checkerboard look so straight.... very nice. I've been working on a table runner with squares and I'm having a hard time getting the quilting to stay straight using my sewing machine. I so wish I had a nice LA and the room for one. One more UFO off the list...... Yeah!!
Old 11-22-2014, 06:29 AM

Emma S., is this your first grandchild? How wonderful. I've always said, grandchildren are our reward for not killing our own. 'Cause you know there were times when you wanted to kill them..... those teenage years were the best of me. But, my kids have grown to be wonderful adults and now, my grandkids have done the same. Now I'm loving my little great grands and feel so fortunate to sneak in a hug or kiss from them. I really do love kids but am kinda glad that I can give them back at this point.

Do you know if it's a girl or boy yet? How exciting..... can't wait to see what you decide to make.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:21 AM

Jean: This is my third grandchild but the first for my son. To say the least, my children are spaced. My oldest was 17 when my second was born and the third was 20 month later. The first two grandchildren are in their late teens so its been a long time since our family had any babies. Its early times yet so don't know the sex. Not sure if the parents will keep it a secret or not, may have to make a unisex. I so agree, grandchildren are the reward for putting up with their parents through their teen years. There sure is a reason you need to be young to be a parent.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:29 PM

Emma, Google Heirloom Baby quilt by Martha Pullen and see if that interests you. I remember seeing her on television years back and the quilt was absolutely gorgeous.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Ladies, thank you for the encouragement and compliments.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 AM

Coopah: Thanks for the reminder, I used to watch her too. Always thought I would like to try some of her techniques and the best part is her type if quilt is right for both boys and girls so I could start right away.