2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-15-2015, 11:09 AM

I'm applauding all of you!!! It's half way thru the month. We can do this. Right?
Old 01-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Good job on the resolve, ladies. I'm a little under the weather so I will be a sewing fiend this weekend.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:49 PM

I made it! In and out with only 1/2 yard of the fabric I needed. Oh, but such pretty new fabric just came in. I will stay strong, I will. (maybe)
Old 01-15-2015, 08:52 PM

Each day that I go in my sewing room and look at all my fabric..is a good day and only strengthens my resolve. I have more projects on my want-to-do list than I can probably do in my lifetime so trying to be good. I will need some black, because I have none, at sometime in the future but that is all I plan to purchase and only then when I am working on the project that needs it. Everyone is doing so well!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 PM

I haven't been in a quilt shop yet this year. But MOnday will be a problem. A friend used to own a LQS. She closed over problems with the landlord. SHe says she plans to reopen but it has been a awhile. 2 years ago we discussed making a wall hanging together. I am going to her house Monday and Tuesday to make it. She is running the quilt shop out of her house so it will all be there looking at me and begging me to buy it. I will have to be strong.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:45 PM

I ordered a roll of batting today--but as I understand the guidelines, I'm okay with that, right? When I ordered the last one, it looked so huge, I thought it would last forever. Apparently, ten months=forever.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:29 PM

I love the X quilt. The colors are soft & inviting.

Kristakz, That Red White & Black quilt is very striking! I really like it. Did you come up with the design yourself? I don't recognize it.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse View Post
I love the X quilt. The colors are soft & inviting.

Kristakz, That Red White & Black quilt is very striking! I really like it. Did you come up with the design yourself? I don't recognize it.
Nope, can't take credit for that. It's a mystery from Cindy Carter from back in 2010. A group I'm a member of posted it this year, since our faithful organizer is having some issues and could not do her annual mystery. You can find the instructions for this mystery here https://carterquilter.wordpress.com/...ndows-mystery/
It is lovely, however. I'm going to check out some of her other mysteries at some point.

Krista
Old 01-17-2015, 12:44 AM
Power Poster

Oh dear....I didn't just fall off the wagon....I dived headfirst.... Stopped at an Opportunity Shop and came away with a couple of metres of black drill (future sashing for a Burr Pine Quilt??) and a bundle of interesting vintage print. Went to Textile Traders to buy batting for the baby quilts I'm making.....the lure of the remnant box was overwhelming.....picked up 5 panels and some pretty blender fabric (all were $2.00 each, but I got the blender free). I was drooling over some Andover Fabric (Alchemist's Shelf) and I suspect while I was rummaging my husband just may have bought me a few metres. I feel quite ashamed to have succumbed so early....to cap it off I bought a lottery ticket and the latest Australian Patchwork and Quilting mag. I have now decided all that I bought has to be made into quilts before years end. Do you reckon that's penance enough?
Old 01-17-2015, 01:21 AM
Power Poster

Oops should be Pine Burr Quilt - anyway the one with the folded triangles.....