2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-14-2015, 05:16 AM

Unfortunately, I'm off to the LQS today to pick up 1/2 yard of fabric. I have a good excuse though - it's for binding on a UFO I am finishing this week. The trick will be to leave with *only* 1/2 yard and nothing else.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:03 AM

I am counting this as a victory and maybe a sign of hope I can really do this, so far not a single purchase. Making it only a few weeks when there have been some great sales.... HUGE for me.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I am counting this as a victory and maybe a sign of hope I can really do this, so far not a single purchase. Making it only a few weeks when there have been some great sales.... HUGE for me.
OOH, me too. Two whole weeks!!! I've been deleting all my fabric related emails, mailed my JoAnn coupons to my niece, quickly looked thru my Keepsake Quilting & Connecting threads catalogs & then threw them out. Tomorrow, however, I go to a club meeting at my LQS where they MAKE YOU walk by the markdown fabric section to get to the classroom. Devious. Wish me luck!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM

Paper Princess, stay strong! You can do it. My girlfriend wants me to come up and visit her next week because the LSQ has 30% off. Neither one of us need any more fabric. I want to visit her, but I really need to stay away from the fabric stores. Besides not needing any more fabric, my budget is running rather tight this year.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 PM

Paper Princess think of all the fabric in your stash and what you want to make with it as you walk by maybe that will distract you!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
OOH, me too. Two whole weeks!!! I've been deleting all my fabric related emails, mailed my JoAnn coupons to my niece, quickly looked thru my Keepsake Quilting & Connecting threads catalogs & then threw them out. Tomorrow, however, I go to a club meeting at my LQS where they MAKE YOU walk by the markdown fabric section to get to the classroom. Devious. Wish me luck!
You can do this!!! BE STRONG! think about all the fabric at home just waiting for you to use it. Honor your stash by using it.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:28 PM

I bought a yard of fusible fleece and some zippers. I'm wanting to make my sister some zipper pouches for her birthday. I have plenty of fabric, but I didn't have the fleece or zippers. Does this count as a violation of the moratorium?
Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

No, Angelia - you are safe with those purchases, particularly since it was for your sister.

Princess, good luck. Just do the royal wave as you walk by.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
... Princess, good luck. Just do the royal wave as you walk by.
Happy to report that I stayed strong (plus I didn't like anything they had).
My girlfriend just called and wants me to go on a mini shop hop on Monday, so that will be the next hurdle.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:43 AM

Just thought I'd share this funny with you. I needed thread and knew that there was an awesome sale going on at my LQS. The ladies know I am fabric "dieting" right now. As soon as I walked in the door, I place my cupped hands at the side of my face (as blinders on a horse) and told them that I was in the shop for thread ONLY. So they led me to the thread section which had been relocated since my last visit. I thanked them for helping me out.