2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 09-12-2015, 06:20 AM

Belfry - backing doesn't count and you even know what quilts your going to use them on.
I'd say the Giants fabric is just a teeter on the wagon not a fall (I'm sticking to that excuse). Besides making DH happy has to minimize the purchase.
Emma I love your machine. She's a beauty. Have fun with that. Thanks for sharing so I can live vicariously through you : )
Mitch's Gram - thanks for the link your blinds are lovely. I feel a project coming on now.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:26 AM

Belfrhbat that sounds like a great plan to me.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:26 AM

The title of this thread intrigued me so I took a look. I love a challenge, but this would take more self control than I possess when it comes to quilting. As one with a severe case of SABLE I will continue to muddle on through time. Case in point, take a look at the thread posted today by a member asking what pattern to use with gorgeous law book fabric. I just purchased eight yards of four different fabrics for Christmas gifts. Do I have some in my stash? Not that gorgeous I don't. Funny how I can lose my car keys in the house, but ask me for a specific fabric from my stash and I can go right to it.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Well BettyGee, thanks for poking your head in and sharing your fabulous stash story. (I actually managed to lose a pair of pants in my house recently - and I only own a few, so that was interesting, but I can find the smallest piece of fabric in my stash as well.)

You are apparently not ready to join us in this endeavor to curb our stash enthusiasm. That's OK - it took me a few years to get there. Just keep this thread in mind when you are ready. Or just poke in from time to time. BTW, as you probably read, we are nowhere perfect and fall off the wagon (sometimes it's a deliberate jump) quite a bit. We have, however done much better in the fabric purchases and many of us have at least reduced the impulse buys.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
MadQuilter - it doesn't count when fabric jumps in our shopping cart on its own volition. We are completely innocent in those cases.
Oh I love that reply. Thanks for the pat on the back.

Can't wait to see what Emma is going to be quilting. It will be fabulous for sure.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Yes, it will be fun to see Emma's pile of flimsies turn into completed quilts...

BettyGee stop in again..we know where you are, we've been there...LOL as I know what is in my stash, too. Sometimes I look for a fabric that would be just right and then realize I used it all up and do a little cussing, but move on and find another choice, which I can do cuz I have a stash....haha
Old 09-12-2015, 04:03 PM

I'm so happy that many of you liked that shades and that some of you might be making your own. They were quite fun and just what I needed.

I was planning to work on a scrap quilt I started a while back, but started organizing my loose patterns. I have downloaded and printed patterns for quilts, knitted items, baskets and random sewn items. Now, most of them are in clear sleeves and sorted into different binders. I can put them away and get the sewing room neatened up so I can sew tomorrow.

I need to finish organizing my fabric as well later one, because I need to figure out what fabrics I want to use for my aunt's newest great-grandchild's quilt and then really get busy using up what I have. If I just didn't have so many other things to do!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:14 PM

Mitch's Gram (Laurie) Thank you so much for the tip on how to do the Roman shades. We are getting new windows and this technique is so neat, I might have to give it a try. We are going from horizontal opening to vertical so blinds have to be changed. Still debating if I want Roman Shade type or slats to let some light in. BettyGee, so glad you found us. We can understand about not wanting to jump on the wagon. There are so many neat fabrics out there. I got the order the other day that I used a gift certificate on so did not actually 'buy' these. Think I mentioned before that I have to make up an order that calls for bright fabrics and these looked like just the thing. So when I get paid, I will only be $10 shy of what I spent with the GC. Not too bad of a deal and gift certificate purchases don't count for getting off wagon. LOL Will attach pic of my loot There are lots more fabrics but I didn't show them all.
Attached Thumbnails 2015-0911b-large-.jpg  
Old 09-13-2015, 04:43 AM

They are bright fabrics. That stripe looks similar to one I have. I especially love the batiks.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:26 AM

Sandy - those are gorgeous! Love those batiks and they are so bright. What a wonderful present.
I fell and not just a little. Found too good of a deal on fat quarters selling by color and I was weak and bought more than I want to admit to. Back on the wagon.