2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-21-2015, 04:09 PM

Wow Emma, they will be so excited, very lucky they are.....calla
Old 08-21-2015, 05:29 PM

Got my JoAnne's flyer yesterday and I am with you, off to JoAnne's! They tempt us like drug dealers to addicts! Some really good coupons this month! Going to use mine only for necessities! Happy hunting/shopping!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:21 AM

I'm working on a starflower quilt in black and white. I want a two fabric sashing so it's back to JoAnn's to find the perfect fabric. And with the notions coupon I hope to get the 12 1/2 inch square ruler. That is if they let me. Cross your fingers.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Earth Walker: Love that quilt! On another note, everyone is talking about their JoAnn flyer, and I just realized that it has been so long since I've used a coupon, or even been to JoAnn's, that I have fallen off their mailing list. No hardcopy flyers! Must be doing something right!
Old 08-22-2015, 12:10 PM

So many great pics here! I too had dropped off Joann's mailing list so got that back on track-just in case, I need something. Confession here- got a dresden ruler on Amazon order as an add-on item- working through scraps again and following Bonnie Hunter's leader ender 2015 project. Then my church group went on an all day Row by Row venture about an hour away and did find some FQs, 3 yds for blender, and a nice Black on Black (which I am low on) and one pattern for a Kimberbell appliquéd pillow. With so many free patterns online and the library of books, I may never finish them all. I also placed an order with Quilts of Nauvoo- they are closing brick and mortar store so I helped them out. Not recommending you look though. On the positive side, almost done with a Scrappy Bargello (again Bonnie's free pattern) and will post when I get top bordered. Back on the wagon!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

The key is to get back up once one has fallen.....
Old 08-22-2015, 06:59 PM

Here I am, climbing back on with bruises from my fall off the wagon. But I do not feel too guilty. I wanted some fleece for backing for my leader/ender quilts that I am making and found some at JA's for 40% off. Those sales really get to us don't they! I asked for 8 yards and there was just a bit more on the bolt so I bought the WHOLE bolt. It is very colorful butterflies and will go well with any scrappy quilt I make. I tried once before to just use fleece for backing with no batting and it worked really well. Quilt is not too heavy but still warm. If I keep them down to double bed size or smaller, I can quilt them (meander or leaves pattern) on my DMS. Takes me several days but saves money that a LA would charge. I pin them a lot and try not to stretch. Will let you know how the next one turns out and I am even thinking of trying that basting spray and see if ti would work better. Any recommendations?
Old 08-23-2015, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Can't help you there, Sandy. I put fleece on the back of the bubble quilt-let and it was not fun for me. Don't like the hand of fleece - it kind of creeps me out. I've been staying away from JoAnn.

Here are the pictures from my crumb efforts (crumb - not crummy!) This is the one with the floater border. I really like how it turned out.

The other one I am working on had some solid triangles along with the crumb triangles. I liked it until I saw it on a picture. It was just wrong, so it is undergoing emergency part replacement surgery.
Attached Thumbnails img_0523.jpg   img_0524.jpg  
Old 08-23-2015, 12:52 PM

Martina: That is really great. Such a balanced use of color.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:06 PM

Well had to go to Joanns I needed a few things to finish the quilt I was working on and picked up a few things to go with the next two basting spray that sort of thing. I have been needing a solid to go with my Kansas trouble jelly rolls and they finally had the Kona Khaki at the same time I had a coupon. No extras unless you count the Morse zig zag that followed me home for 10.00