2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 05-11-2015, 05:55 AM

200 quilts waiting?! Wow. I love shopping the stash first. It's surprising even with a small stash how much I can find that works.

A crazy Quilt Both? I love the idea. I would go broke but I love the idea.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Paper Princess...are the neutral strips all different? What a great idea..I could cut a strip from all my blue fabrics and not make a dent.. nicely done...oh and so were your cute paper projects on an earlier post..

Right now I'm working on a fund raiser project...making a quilter's basket...fabric basket filled with quilter's goodies...pin cushion, machine mat, machine cover, etc...all from the stash. Will share when finished...
Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 AM

I look forward to seeing your quilter's basket. It sounds like a wonderful thing.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM

Back in April I posted that I had finished a number of projects that I had gotten up to the hand stitching of the binding before traveling. I had taken the projects on a three week visit to my MIL. Mad Quilter, like you I needed projects to keep me busy while visiting MIL. Attached are a few pictures of my completed projects. All were made from fabric in my stash or kits I had purchased in the past. I did purchase the backing for the three quilts. We traveled in our small plane, which I made sure was filled with quilting projects. LOL [ATTACH=CONFIG]519433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519434[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519435[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519436[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bendix-king-tshirt.jpg   dwr-finished.jpg   img_0568.jpg   regimental-stars-done.jpg  
Old 05-11-2015, 05:36 PM

Sophie2 - those are lovely. You were busy at the in law's lol. I hope some day to be good enough to make a double wedding ring. I have attempted it twice with two different methods and still couldn't get it right. Someday I will conquer it. I love what you did with the on point - the brown on the outside. Just beautiful.

oksewglad - would love to see the baskets too

I spent mother's day trying to complete a project (from my stash) and didn't succeed! Maybe sometime this week. I had a lot more to go on it than I thought. I feel bad we didn't get to see MIL as we were snowed in. And so was she but I hate the thought of her being by herself on holidays even though everybody phoned. Moisture we needed and it was a wet one. So we'll have a delayed mother's day in several weeks. Fully intended to be free labor (figured that was always needed) but suppose the need will be there in a few weeks as well Lets hope the nice weather is too.

I'm kind of proud of my stash quilt. In this instance it was making do. If I ran out of one fabric I just replaced it with something in my stash. Not something that has ever been easy for me to do and better yet - I like it. I think it's going to turn out fine.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Sophie2 those are gorgeous.

elly66, I always fret when the plan doesn't work out as originally set forth. But then I generally challenge myself an do like the results.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:54 PM

Sophie2, what lovely quilts and other projects you have made and completed. Wow! We all loved seeing the pictures. I received a gift certificate(from DS for Mother's Day) for one of the quilt shops in the Northwest but I am saving it until they have something I really HAVE to have..so I am not counting that as adding to my stash! LOL!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Power Poster

Sophie...we all love to see your finishes...my favorite is the brown stars...but that double wedding ring is so pretty, too. Computer is down and I both know how to post pics that way so will try to post basket pic later in the week...
Old 05-12-2015, 03:48 AM

Elly66, this was my second DWR. The second one is much better than the first. The second time around I used my Accuquilt Go and followed the directions by Ebony Love. Really enjoyed doing it her way. You could use her directions without cutting fabric with the Go. My husband said that by the time I get to my 7th or 8th DWR I will be really good. LOL He has already picked out the fabric for my next one. The next one will most likely be for a single bed.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Wow, everyone has sure been busy! Elly, be sure and post a pic of your finished project. We need more inspiration. Sophie, all your quilts are great! Thanks for posting the follow up info on the DWR. When Accuquilt had a sale last year I was really on the fence and finally decided against it. It's nice to hear of 'real life' usage. I love Ebony's videos, but I didn't see the one on the DWR. I'll have to look for that one. And finally, Oksewglad, yes, all the strips in that neutral jelly roll I cut were different fabrics. Since I never buy less than 1 yard, I obviously have at least 40 yards of beiges... And as I mentioned before I had more to choose from . I did, however, cut more than one strip from each fabric so I have a bunch just waiting for my next project.