2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 05-14-2015, 12:07 PM

I was talking about that when I bought the table. The manager and I had noticed that my needle plate(?) did not seat properly in the machine. And he said that couldn't be fixed. He tried to talk me into a new machine but I told him I could probably fix the problem if I was willing to tape it and deal with it every time I needed to get to the bobbin. I'm sure I'll get tired of it and want a new machine right after I finish buying all the accessories for this machine. Isn't that the way it always goes?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:17 AM

I bought 3 fat 8's for sweet treats for the quilt club. I'm going to see how long it takes the ladies to find the block I mis-pieced lol. And then I saw 2 fat quarters that I couldn't resist. Having those next to the check out is very smart marketing.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

I just found out that there is a shop hop going on when I go to the retreat next week. Katie bar the door.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:14 PM

TK and Martina. Sometimes the candy is just too good to pass up!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:55 AM

Martina: Isn't a retreat a mini vacation? Seems to me you can claim coverage by one of our many addendums.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:04 AM

My logic and I'm stickimg to it . Since I didn't go to the last shop I had wanted to go to, I decided to go on a bus shop hop in Oct. It will be for three days and 2 nights. Near or in the ozark mountains of AK, Mo, KS. I have never been to any of these stores. It should be interesting. After checking out the places on the Internet, I'm not sure, I will buy much fabric, I'm more interested in notions. We will wait and see.

I have not bought anything since last entry. I'm working on my three swaps, which need to be mailed by the end of the week. Which isn't a problem. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

Not sure that the 8 LQS I have mapped out will qualify under the "mini-vacation" rule.

On the up side, I managed to put together the backing for one of my tops from stash. It is basted and ready to quilt. If I only knew how to quilt a sampler.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

I wonder if there is a Boo Boo Kitty exemption? I went to the Dr's for a check up. New nurse. After I told her where to draw, she wanted to try a different vein. Actually a couple different veins. After 3 tries (eventually using the place I told her) she was successful. I came home with bandages everywhere and went to Connecting threads to ease my pain... Ok, I wasn't in any discomfort, but I sure was ticked off, and someone posted a discount code in the links section. I ordered a couple books and some neutrals that were on sale. I am a sucker for neutrals. They go with everything because they are... neutral! This is why I was able to cut a 40 piece jelly roll, all unique, from beiges. and I was feeling so smug ignoring JoAnn's super senior day sale.
Martina, those samplers are killers for me too. Just quilted one for my cousin. I just pumpkin seeded/continuous curved every patch.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:35 PM

One can never go wrong with neutrals........especially needed to sooth one....hee hee.........still holding out here on fabric purchases but still failing at the diet. I continue to putter in the sewing room, but I feel I am just walking in circles. I must part with stuff.........the war with weeds in flower beds is on. Weeds 10+, me zero. The hummers are back, making the solution here SE Michigan. Later all......calla
Old 05-21-2015, 02:49 PM

I think there should be an exemption for boo boos I know I'm an enabler. I understand what you mean. I had a nurse tell me to always tell them to take blood from my hands (the rest hide). So I told one nurse that and she said she'll find it. Well she jabbed it in (did find it) it was black and blue for two weeks and did hurt. Quit saying that - they can just thump around for awhile.
tk

Martina it sounds like fun - retreat and shop hop but could get hard to stay strong.

I haven't bought in fabric since my slip in Joann's. Trying to finish up a few projects and of course the yard work this time of year is taking a good portion of time.

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial weekend. Hard to believe that's here already of course here in wyoming we had snow yesterday so anything goes!

tk - that's why candy is right beside the checkout. FQs would be hard to resist too.