2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-10-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
It's so good to hear your stories. I'm struggling right now. I've sold some fabrics and gave away a bunch of scraps -- probably a total of 20 - 22 yards -- good progress. BUT, Connecting Threads is having a 40% off sale on their Dreamscape batiks. Only $4.76 a yard. I've been drooling over these since they first came out but didn't want to spend $8.00 a yard for something add to my stash. Arrgghhh!!! Someone please pull me away from the brink!
You can try telling yourself there will be more sales of fabric.... as long as I have been sewing ... there have been sales on fabric. Let me know how it works! ( LOL)
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

Lori they will have more.sales. no need to cash out every time. Some of us stopped looking at sale notification emails. Less temptation.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Well, Accuquilt has a 40% off sale on their studio dies. I had been on the fence about getting the DWR set and caved. I've gotten a lot of use of my Winding Ways die. Don't think I would attempt curved piecing without the precision cuts that you get from a die.
PaperPrincess, you will love the DWR die. I love mine and it was so easy to put the quilt together.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:42 AM

OK: Sounds like a really great combination in your baskets. Can't think of anything to add except maybe the kitchen sink.
Lori: Sounds to me like the purchase was a matter of mental health. You are totally blameless.
Belfry: Was unaware of the batik sale. Curses. Batiks on sale are the hardest to resist because they are so expensive and so rarely go on sale.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:44 AM

Dear Belfrybat, maybe try looking through your current stash and see if there is a color missing. That way you could get something that would be useful and remember all the great stuff you already have.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:46 AM

Am taking my 50% off coupon to JoAnn's today. I am looking for a yard and a half of snowflake material to go into my christmas quilt.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:41 AM

Welcome all new people.

tk I hope you find your snowflake fabric. My local JoAnn's is probably wondering if I fell off the face of the earth as I haven't been in there for close to a month.

OK - the basket sounds wonderful. Should do really well at the fundraiser. Your description makes me want it.

I saw the Connecting Threads sale as well. Know you're not alone in the temptation Belfrybat.

Paperprincess - good luck on the DWR. From the way it sounds to me accuracy is everything with it. I'm sure a die would help considerably with piecing.

I have only been working on a few Christmas panel wallhangings lately. Been cleaning house - as in sorting and donating a lot of items. Funny how nothing has left the house from my quilting room and I have no plans for any to go either : )
Old 06-12-2015, 05:25 AM

I found the snowflake material, the spray adhesive, and the picture transfer sheets that I need. I didn't but anything that wasn't already on my list. So I feel I did well this time.

I'm using fabric from my stash to finish the Mini Art Quilt, and the sleeve of the Sampler is being made out of some fabric that wouldn't even work on a quilt so I'm using what I have and feel good about it.

I love coming here and keeping it real.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:54 AM

TK: Love that feeling of buying only what was preplanned and using that piece of fabric that has been looking for purpose for years. Congrats and thanks for reminding me.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:05 AM

Hi Emma your very welcome. I did find though that having a little stash was better than having none. I find that I feel freer now that I bought that fabric at the thrift store. Does that make sense?