2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-13-2015, 10:23 AM

Martina, I am speechless of your Row Robin, it is gorgeous!!! I will have to do a search as I don't know what a Row Robin is.
OK, you displayed great restraints at the LQS. Good going.
I have had remorse about spending the money on fabric I may not use. Well because I only purchased 1 yd and the fabric isn't available anymore. It is luscious.............what to make with it, it has to be special.........
Only 2 hours away is a quilt show but like Paper I am. To attending. DH want to attend the car events called Back to the Bricks...........later all.......calla/Sue
Old 08-13-2015, 10:49 AM

I went to JoAnn's today. I got 1/3 yard of a border fabric I need to finish a community lap quilt.

The other stuff was either to replace worn out parts and tools or for the crazy quilt. I don't even want to think about how much that one is costing me just in materials.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by calla View Post
Martina, I am speechless of your Row Robin, it is gorgeous!!! I will have to do a search as I don't know what a Row Robin is.
Thanks

A row robin is a group project. Instead of a round robin which is done medallion-style, this is done in rows. I started with one of the star rows and sent it off to the next person who added a row of her choice. She then sent it off to the next person and so on. When you get your top back it has as many rows as there are participants in the group - in this case 5. I added borders and voila.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

You know when your friends give you scraps and you make the most of them....here's what happens at my house... the log cabin was the one I needed to match fabric for in post 975

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t268773.html
Old 08-15-2015, 04:20 AM

Ok - those are lovely! I struggle using scraps. Wish I was better but love to see everybody's creations.
Martina thanks for the info. I didn't know what a row robin was either.
tk- it's sometimes best not to know how much is put into a quilt I know when I did my bargellos I felt that way!
Old 08-15-2015, 05:46 AM

I went to the LQS yesterday. I came away with 7 fat quarters and a white small print, solid at a distance and a small print black with white polka dots to go with a black and white large print. I'm using them for the star flower block that the quilting club is doing as their block of the month. I think it will make into a nice quilt.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

Wowser, those minis are awesome. I don't have the patience for the tiny bits.

Recently I took my lot of blue scraps and resewed them into big pieces of fabric. These got sub-cut into 60-degree triangles for blocks. Those are combined with other stash (and more re-sewn scraps) into something - not sure what yet. DH needs a desk topper and I think the blues will be good for that. One desk space is oversized so I don't know how to make that look good from my starting point.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Wowser, those minis are awesome. I don't have the patience for the tiny bits.
Thanks Martina...I love seeing how fabrics change when they are cut sew small...
Old 08-17-2015, 05:33 AM

jumped off the wagon again! Got to wonder what is up with me. I was looking for something to make a patch for a quilt backing that developed some holes. I ended up with 2/3 yard Pokeman and 2/3 yard novelty cat fabric. I'm sure I'll find good uses for both. As for the patch - I just put the label there.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:02 AM

Tk, it happens to the best of us. At lest you kept the buy to a few pieces. Be proud of that.

I'm trying to save my money for a die cut. Not sure what type or brand yet. I'm waiting for a sale. Any one have an opinion? I really want one that is electrical and push button. I have lots of scraps that need cutting. I've been saving my scraps for over 30 years. I need to get my scraps organized and quilts made.

Everyone have a great day!!! Happy sewing and quilting!!!!