2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-11-2015, 08:35 AM

Calla- Love the flag quilt. I have never done the backing as binding technique. Need to try that one day. Love the fabric you chose to keep your cc in good standing. We need every excuse we can find. LOL!

Martina, the bubble quilt turned out great...at least it looks like that to me. Would you recommend anyone doing one?

Zozee...like all your reasons for staying strong.

Grammyjo, Look forward to seeing pictures of your charms used up into FG. Admire you for keeping Jack the Ripper busy to make what you really wanted.

Nammie to 7...Wow..keeping track of stash you use. I keep using mine but never seems to shrink.

tkhooper....Remember...we have NO Quilt Police so accepting a bag of scraps from anyone is ok. I always say taking is better than others trashing. :-) No permissions needed.

Lori S. I have fallen but NEVER regretted, knowing whatever I bought was well worth it.

PaperPrincess ...thanks for the tally that shows we are doing well.

I think I have caught up a little bit with this thread but still one more hectic month plus a trip ahead. My QG is doing a row quilt with each member furnishing a block pattern of our own choosing. Then we each make our own row with that pattern. I have two rows done and working on third row, plus using stash for all of it. I did get some used sheets a hotel was giving away and passed them out to my QG members to be used as foundations and I redid my iron board cover in one. Really nice to just have a white cover now. The reason I did that was that a year ago, I bought a new cover that was pink (Made in you-know-where). When I was ironing one of DH's dress shirts, which was white, the pink came through! AArg. It washed out but I thought, "This isn't good'. Plus I had never taken off any of the other 3 pads so did not have a firm surface. Threw everything away, except for keeping one for a pattern. Just used a piece of batting and the sheet and liking it much better as it is firmer.
For my big 70, my kids gave me a gift certificate to an on-line quilt store. I am not counting that as adding to stash but have not used it yet because waiting for specific fabric which usually comes out closer to holidays. Hope to check in more often as things slow down a bit.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:26 AM

Lori S - I have never had remorse over fabric - just spending the money. Though you fell off the wagon (which I hope we get to see so we can live vicariously through your fabric lol) have fun with your new purchases and jump back on the wagon.
Martina - isn't quilting therapeutic? I find myself hiding in my stash quilting away when things bother me or someone upsets me. It helps me feel more grounded and comforted with almost any hiccup in life.
SandyinZ4 - sounds like a wonderful present from the kids. Happy (belated) Birthday.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:06 AM

The border I had had something like that as well. I assume it was maybe a kit or something. I don't know a great deal about quilting yet.

Lori, I haven't had buyers remorse yet. but then I've only had one major fall that wasn't for a specific purpose which didn't count.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

Forgot to post my finished Row Robin. I named it "living the American dream" -very patriotic. It used up quite a bit of scrap stash, particularly for the border and backing.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...m-t268641.html
Old 08-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Stopped at LQS to buy fabric to finish a mini...bypassed the sale fabric and walked out with 1/4 yr of fabric....yeah
Old 08-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post

Martina, the bubble quilt turned out great...at least it looks like that to me. Would you recommend anyone doing one?
Thanks Sandy. Would I recommend doing one? Well........If someone has that on their to-do list, then yes. If not - NO. I'm glad I did it because now I know I will not make another one.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 PM

Martina, Thanks for the heads up. I have too many want-to's on my list to do something that won't be fun. Your American Dream quilt is simply fabulous!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:27 AM

Love your quilt Martina. It looks great in those colors.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:47 AM

Awesome quilt Martina!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Stopped at LQS to buy fabric to finish a mini...bypassed the sale fabric and walked out with 1/4 yr of fabric....yeah
Congrats on your resolve! Such strength to not even look at the sale fabrics. I have learned I can't go in to the LQS or my resolve disappears.